Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sorry for DH's falls and dizzyness!
Appreciate it! No dizzy spells since Saturday so thankfully it seems to have run its course. Whew...

I'm headed out again this morning for that 4+ hour drive I love (ahem) so much. Going to drive up for GS's baseball game. He'll be pitching and he wants to show off his skill. DIL will be going with me. DH will be home alone. :eek: A little disconcerting, but I think he can handle it. :fl DS is just a few minutes away if he needs any help. I'll be home tomorrow morning so I think it'll be ok.

Goat breeding is happening. Also have my eye on a few of the ones I kept that haven't grown out like I expected so if I ever get my 'stuff' together I'll get them listed for sale. Tooo many irons in the fire as usual. Hopefully when I get back.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Home from my quick trip to GS's b'ball game. He pitched well AND he scored 2 of their 3 runs! He done good, lol. GD is the stat keeper so she's involved too.

DH didn't go on this trip because he had an appt. for an EMG on both arms today - and guess what? He needs surgery on both arms... This poor man! He'll have nerve release surgeries on both elbows and wrists three months apart.

Scored 3 more round bales today and am planning to go back and get more tomorrow or the next day. Price went up $20 a bale... :( But, I get it, I guess. Eighty a bale is still cheaper than a lot of other places. Guess I should sell some dang goats.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
poor DH, the guy must feel like a pincushion sometimes! glad the GS did well and that you could find more hay bales

He definitely has challenges. But, he keeps a pretty good attitude and keeps on keepin' on. Not sure I could do it with as much grace as he does.

Got the3 hay bales unloaded this morning. It's really a PIA getting it out of a stock trailer - but It's done and I can go back and get more. I'm going to stock up with about 6 more bales I think. I have 6 left from this spring, so with this additional score I'll feel really confident that I have more than enough to get through until they cut again in the spring.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the last 3 bales unloaded. That gives me 12 and I think that's good enough. If I free feed it they can go through a bale in about 3ish weeks. If I hand feed it I can get another week out of it.

DH is shopping for hand surgeons. He wants to go back to the surgeon that did his last carpal tunnel surgery. WHY? If she didn't do a good job the first time - why would you want to go back? She said the surgery would stop his issues and allow his fingers to lay flat. His ring finger on his left hand never straightened out after that surgery. I say find another doc! So, he's on the phone now.

Spent some time working on the raised beds this morning - mostly weed whacking. I should be shot for doing it in shorts - oh wait - I kinda was! I've got two new bloody boo-boo's on my legs. I'm such a ding bat!

Found a surprise when I got to the back corner of the raised bed area. I have some grow tubs that I've used previously for various things. Looked at the greenery growing in one of 'em and it's potatoes, lol. I guess I missed some when I harvested - or I'm totally bonkers :old and forgot I planted any. No idea how they survived the drought.

Also need to get some seeds started for more broccoli, and cabbage (thank goodness for our long growing season). Want to get some carrots, radishes and greens planted too. Have some seeds I want to toss out in a couple of empty goat pens for winter browse. AND - I'll probably put out rye grass seed if it looks like we're going to get the promised rain. I'd kinda like the rain to hold off until the pond is dug - but once again may not get my wish.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i hardly ever pay much attention to them until later when i see the marks or scabs.
One of these buggers really hurt, lol. Not only did it flay my skin open, it made a knot about the size of a half golf ball. No idea what hit me, but it hit hard! (or maybe I'm a wuss...)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This bulldozer guy is pi$$ing me off! He said last week that he was going to bring the dozer out today. I texted him yesterday for an ETA. No response. Most likely, rain is going to move in and digging won't happen. If he came today he could actually work and the incoming rain would fill it up. ARGH! What is wrong with people????

In other news, tried a new pond for fishing this morning. We caught some little perch and used them for bait. My bobber went under slowly so I thought it was a turtle. Started reeling it in, but didn't set the hook. Who wants to hook a turtle? The next instant the water started rolling and a BIG bass flew totally up out of the water, flipped me off, spit out the hook and disappeared. ARGH! Didn't even get a good bite after that.