Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You have a pond!! I bet that feels great to have checked off your list!
Well....technically I have a hole in the ground, lol. Hopefully soon to be a pond.

It is nice to have it checked off the list. I probably wouldn't have done this if I hadn't lost my daughter. Something like that makes you realize how short life is. I truly hope the pond makes future generations happy!

Well the storm crossing Mexico to YOU is said to be dropping huge amounts of rain!! So, you just might get a real good start for a full. 😁
Hope so! Really, really hope so! :fl

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pond is basically done! Woo Hoo! He's still got to clean up some of the big chunks of gumbo that are around it and smooth out one or two places out and that's it. YaY! Rain, please!!

yay! :)

My old buck is showing his age for sure. He's not been eating goood for a couple of days. His teeth are suspect because he'll eat if I soften his pellets. He's been an extremely low maintenance and healthy goat all his life. He's 13 and has maybe been wormed once a year - if I could catch him. I don't think I've trimmed his feet since he was a baby. He literally has the best feet on a goat that I've ever seen. His only flaw is that he's hard to catch. Silly goat!

at least he doesn't spit up on ya! :)

be careful out there!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tah Dah! We've got water in the pond! Not much, but it's a start, lol!

IMG_5578 (1).jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
how big is this pond? how deep? :)
It varies at certain spots - but roughly between 6 - 8 feet at the deeper levels. Sides slope so closer to shore will of course, be a little more shallow.

It's about 100 ft long and 50 ft wide at the widest point. My entire lot is long and narrow so we were forced to follow suit w/the pond layout.

Pictures documenting it filling up would be neat to see
I hope to do that!

I got some rye grass seed tossed around the mound of dirt. I chose not to have the dirt spread but instead to keep the raised area. Hopefully that'll help, at least marginally, to fill it up. I want, wish, hope that the rye grass will sprout in a hurry and put some roots into the dirt so the mud doesn't run right back into the pond. Wouldn't that be disappointing?!