Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big game next weekend. Houston and Cleveland! Won't offer a bet, I think Houston will prevail
I think so too - especially if we have CJ back. Today's game was too much stress, lol. We looked flat in the first half. If not for having Fairbairn score most of our points, 3 at a time, we might not have still been in it at the end.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been really crazy busy lately. Shopping and gift wrapping have taken over my life. I'm going way overboard for the grands this year and I'm loving every minute of it. SIL and the two older grands are coming tomorrow. SIL has to go back to work right after Christmas but the grands will stay here. He'll be back the following weekend with his two girls and my other granddaughter (who lives full time with her biological dad after DD passed) He's been a bit stingy with visitation since there is no "order" in place anymore. But, she loves it here and worked on her dad so that she gets to stay for several days - yay!

Goats are goating, chickens picked up laying for a week or so. At least I can make deviled eggs now because I refuse to make them with storebought eggs - ugh.

I'm having a rough time lately and I've spent too much time mired in sadness. I'm sure I'll be better when the kiddos get here. We'll cook, bake cookies and go fishing as much as possible - and after Christmas we'll do more shopping. I want to get them some clothes - they both had that on their lists but I'd rather let them choose their own. So, we'll make a day of shopping and go out to their favorite Chinese buffet at some point while they're here.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Grands got here Friday evening. DS and DIL came over and we had dinner together and visited until around 10. Saturday morning was all about the fishing, lol. DIL, DGS, DGD, me and even Son in law (who says he doesn't fish) went. I led the pack at three fish until I stopped fishing because my line was so badly tangled I just gave up. GS continued to fish until he caught "just one more." :\ I mean - what self-respecting grandson can let his gramma catch more fish than him, lol. Everybody caught at least one fish so it was a successful trip. Weather couldn't have been more beautiful - 72 and sunny with a slight breeze. Ahhhhh!

After getting home DGD and I started food prep for today. She is a phenomenal cook at 15 - just like my daughter was. DS is doing all the meat. As usual he's going waaaaaay overboard. There's a huge brisket that I picked up last week and I think he's got 6 or 8 slabs of ribs, a pork shoulder for carnitas and some hot links. DIL's mom, dad, sister, her hub, and their two kids will add to our numbers. All together I think we'll be 13 0r 14 - no way we can eat all of that. But, GS is here so he will at least put a dent in it, lol.

I'm going to make a broccoli salad this morning because their meals tend to be carb heavy. I need at least one low carb side for DH. He'll chow down on a lot of meat which is his fave anyway. Lots of tempting sweets though...

Gotta get busy before it starts raining again. We've had about .75 from last night and it's supposed to start up again in a few hours. Ugh...