Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, FEM and your Grands and family too!!
Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

It's been rough - but having the grands here has kept me distracted. Lots of cooking with at least 8 folks in the house. It's ten of us if DS and DIL come for dinner which happens more often than not. I love having the family around, but it magnifies the loss in a way. Trying to keep a positive attitude... Most of the troop will go back home Tuesday, but the two oldest grands will stay until next weekend and I'll take them home. It'll be a long day doing a 4+ hour drive up and back the same day. Don't look forward to over 8 hours on my butt driving, but it's totally worth it. DIL will go with and she's great company.

I hear folks stirring around upstairs - time to go start a massive breakfast!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. Been busy times. Tomorrow I take the two oldest grands back home - IF DH can be left alone. He had another drug reaction last night. Dermatologist put him on antibiotics (cipro) and he reacted horribly. Major confusion, extreme weakness and he's weak enough without any help. We were up all night because one of the side effects was frequent bathroom trips. Every. Thirty. Minutes. He couldn't get himself out of bed so I had to help. Every. Thirty. Minutes. All. Night. Long. Thankfully, he's feeling much better this morning and is stronger and much more clear headed.

We got 2.5 inches of rain last night. Didn't need a drop of it and I'm not sure any of it soaked in. It's wet as far as the eye can see. At this rate the pond will reach right up to the back door. Thinking of ordering some mesh/netting to go along one side. I found some that's only 3 feet tall and has 1/4 inch openings. I think that would do the trick.

Anxious for more babies, but don't think I have any due for at least a month.