Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My shoulders are KILLING me... pounding posts and hammering should not be on my 'to do' list very often... :(

But, it was a productive day despite my whining!

Look how cute Chester is:
IMG_4125.JPG

He turned into a real buck. He's so stinkin' short though...he might not ever reach a doe. But, it won't be for lack of trying.

And I figured out what the volunteer vines are out in the former pig area. They're cantaloupe:

IMG_4113.JPG

Yippee - can't wait until they're ripe!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The volunteers are just little extras the pigs provide! My butternuts were exceptional...still about 8 left. A year! Kept seeds from those rascals :D

Poor Chester! build him a ramp!!!! Back that doe up and give him some real excitement.:cool:Heck, a couple cinderblocks side by side would work.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chester is adorable! How big is he?
You got me curious so I measured the little bugger this morning. Bless his little heart - he's a bit over 16 inches. He might have a chance with the Nigi's, but unlikely anything else unless I fix him up a ramp. I might though cuz it would be nice to have some more 1st gen Kinders. If he kept his same dimensions and added a few inches he would make my cut as show quality. He's deep, thick and wide and has a beautiful short, round, dished pygmy head. He really is a nice guy. Now I've got my thinkin' cap on, lol. A couple hay bales and a compliant doe...hmmmm.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Chester is lovely, FEM! I can't help laughing at the mental image of him and the does though… But hey, where there is a will, there is a way?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's quite hilarious! He does try - but I don't think he's figured out that having "relations" with a doe's hock or knee isn't going to work for him. :lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh he's tiny!! My GG's are 21" I think, and less than 5 months old lol. People here would kill for him, tiny pet goats are a thing here (an annoying thing, but he's still cute lol).