Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know I'm getting a bit better because I have an appetite today. Yesterday I felt like I was going to puke every time I moved my head. On second thought, maybe if it hangs out a couple more days I can drop a couple pounds, lol! On third thought - never mind. I'd rather have the poundage than that queasy feeling. :sick

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you feel better, you don't have time for this crap. You have time off and things to do! LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Been a weird day - up and down with how I feel. Took some Benadryl in hopes it might clear up anything in my ears. Pediatrician told me years ago any time my kids had an ear ache to always try Benadryl - so I tried it. Maybe helped a little. Also, just for fun tonight I took some Motrin. Nothing hurts, but I thought I'd give it a shot and dang it if I don't feel better. The dizziness is still there - but I feel better. Not sure I can explain that, lol.

Daughter called today and said she was on the way to the ER. She got bitten by a dog....at her own house. She's been dogsitting for some friends and went into the garage and all the dogs came out to greet her. She has three of her own...geeze. But, the visiting dog growled at her. She thought he was growling at one of the other dogs so she didn't pay much attention to him and then he lunged at her. She stuck her arm out and he grabbed her wrist and proceeded to shake it violently. She kicked him off and got into the house, called his owners and told them to come get their dog and went to the ER.

Daughter goes to the on-base hospital in Killen. Not sure if the Army will get involved and demand the dog be euthanized - but it's happened before in cases like this. It's a young dog too - only about a year old. :( Just a sad situation all around.

DD doesn't have much in the way of torn skin, but her entire hand is swollen and docs are saying she's got some nerve damage. She has shooting pains up to her elbow and part of her hand is numb. Hopefully it's temporary.

Hard to believe I'm sleepy when I've done nothing but rest/sleep for the last couple days. But, I'm turning in. Hope Saturday is a wonderful day!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are feeling better! Hope the dizziness will pass soon for you as well. A friend of mine had problems with dizziness recently. Turned out it was a side effect of medicine he was taking. He cut the dose and the dizziness cleared up quickly.

Sorry to hear about your DD's misfortune with the dog. Strange that the owners let her dog sit a dog that is aggressive, but then maybe they didn't know it would do this? Very unfortunate for DD though. Nerve damage will heal, but it may take time, depending on how bad it is.

:hugs for you both!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's so sad, for the dog as well. I'm glad your DD is OK and hopefully there isn't too much damage. And so, so glad it wasn't one of the grands.

Hope you feel better today!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Strange that the owners let her dog sit a dog that is aggressive, but then maybe they didn't know it would do this?
The dog belongs to their best friend and she's been around it on at least a weekly basis and has dog sat it numerous times. She practically raised this dog. In fact, they get the dogs together to have play dates frequently. The dog knew her well. It's strange. In fact, this dog and one of her own (both Catahoula's) were left in her house on Sunday while I had the grands and she and her DH went out for the day. When they got home these two dogs had gotten into one of the kids bedrooms and D.E.S.T.R.O.Y.E.D it. Pulled clothes out of drawers, had tug of war battles with a back pack that they drug in to the living room and got on the couch. They chewed their wooden furniture and of course scattered the trash everywhere. They have a security system and watched it all on the video when they got home. Baaaad dogs, lol. THAT little escapade was their own fault. They have a back yard and that's where the dogs should have been when they weren't home.

There was a child with my daughter yesterday when the bite happened. This child is her boss's son and he's been staying at DD's house with the older grands for a couple hours a day. After the dog growled a second time DD stepped in front of the child and at the same time the dog lunged. She isn't quite sure if the dog was after her or the child.... But whatever the reason - it's not good enough. I had a dog once that would escape the house or yard and wouldn't come back when called. Wouldn't be so bad if he didn't terrorize the neighborhood. He finally nipped at a neighbors heel when she was walking down the road in front of our house. He was euthanized after that. It's not something that I will tolerate from a dog.

Ok - rant over!

Hoping this dizziness stuff goes AWAY. It's crazy - kinda comes and sorta goes...but never goes completely. If it doesn't clear up I guess I'll have to go be evaluated somewhere -but the cause of dizziness seems to be hard to put your finger on. I've got tons of sick time and vacation time so if I need it I can use it - but timing is never good. I don't take any meds and haven't changed anything so I'm pretty confident THAT isn't it, lol. Or, I can live with it....ugh.

Went outside yesterday and Conan was out chasing Cameo. I literally had his gate tied shut because he knows how to open it. Fixed that little problem and put him up. I do have Cameo on his list of girls but I don't want to breed her until as late as possible. She's my milker and I don't want her to kid until I have other milkers to take her place.

Better get outside and check on things. Better late than never. Critters are having to get used to MY schedule which is kinda lazy these last few days.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my word… :th Does that pup have a death wish? So glad he didn't get the child, that was good thinking by your DD, to step between them. How is she doing now btw?

I hope you can get to the cause of the dizziness, or that it would go away completely and soon! Just a thought, but it might be stress? I remember having problems like that from stress before and you do have a lot on your plate and now with DH's accident as well. Take care of you either way :hugs

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ibuprofen increases blood volume. So if that makes your dizziness better, try salt and fluid loading which also increases blood volume (and interstitial volume which theoretically exerts pressure on blood vessels). You can keep loading salt and fluids as long as you don't get edema. I hope you feel better. ((((hugs))))