Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, things have just been going too smooth around here for at least a month now - so we had to have a shake-up right?

DH actually left work pretty early tonight...5:45 instead of 7:30pm. And what happens when you leave in the middle of rush hour? Somebody decides to paint a target on you and side swipe you just because.....

Poor DH he literally gets hit more than anyone I know. And it was a BIG ol' Infinity SUV that hit him....his poor little Volvo :(. Lady gets out and says that she's already having a bad day so she just decided to plow into him, lol. No, not quite. But, she's in the middle of a divorce and had just left arbitration with her soon to be ex and she just wasn't paying attention. I asked DH if he had that on tape, lol. Glad he's ok, but the hassle of getting a rental and waiting and waiting for his car to get fixed....ARGH!

At least Chester isn't complaining about having a bad day. I think he "got some!" Of course I was holding the doe and he had about a six inch boost, but I think we were successful. Hope the timing is right and that it actually takes cuz that whole ordeal is a little bit of a pain in the buttocks.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Aww Chester, he must be so proud, lol

At least relieved :\

that whole ordeal is a little bit of a pain in the buttocks.

Awwwhhh, come on! Ain't that bad. Soon Chester will know exactly what to do when the "assist" is in place! I had a permanent one for my minis and boy, the stally sure knew it was "get some" when that ramp was put in place. :D Did his nuzzle and talking, wandered on back, up on the stand and wham, bam! Yep, quick learn. The doe is the hardest to train My mares learned quick to back into the slot so they could be bred.

Go, Chester, go! :cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish we could afford for him to stop working - but we're not ready for that just yet. I want us both to make it at least another year. 'Course he could apply for disability but that wouldn't help us get where we want to be financially. He's got a great job right now and if he can stick with it I can save my entire salary for the next year. That would be a great boost for us. And the little bit we're getting from my inheritance will help too - but we need another year.

Rut is in full gear around here. For the first time ever I've had to separate bucks. Usually they bop heads for a few days and then they work it all out...but the last couple of days have been horrible. Maybe Dusty is just pi$$ed that he can't jump the fence anymore, lol. I took Conan outta the buck pen a couple weeks ago. Chester got out yesterday and today I had to move Felix (Nigi) in with Conan. That went over well, NOT. They are usually compatible but today they decided to fight it out. Went out to check on 'em and Conan's face was covered with blood. He has some pretty serious scurs cuz I was too easy on him when I disbudded him. I should have re-done him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. One of the scurs is gone, gone, gone! Yay - they need to bop the other side next.

Saw a BIG snake in the feed trailer. Ok, let me rephrase that - saw a big ol' snake's tail in the feed trailer. It went under the stack of empty feed bags that I'll burn if we ever get any rain around here. The tail part that I saw crawling away from me was at least 18 inches long so I'm guessing the whole snake is 3 ft +. The tail was very long and tapered so pretty sure it's just a big ol chicken snake...or rat snake...not poisonous but sure can bite ya if they want to. I need to get it cleaned out in there cuz there wouldn't be a snake if there wasn't something to eat there. Means there's a rodent or 3 in there - eeek!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I worked with a guy once that had a female Doberman and male Pomeranian...... and yup! She laid down for him. I am surprised that the does don't lay down for Chester, but glad that he was able to make babies with your help!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've known of a mini horse breeding a clyde mare. Pasture buddies and the owner thought "never happening"...she laid down & he hit the mark. :lol: Confirmed in foal but aborted at a few months. Shame. Everyone on the mini forum was waiting for THAT foal. With Chester, he's just vertically challenged.

With jobs & retirement -- yep, I have another yr +/- to feel comfortable but -- yesterdays job was a real challenge and thoughts of "immediate" entered my mind. :D But, I chilled out and am back on track. (OK, I had a hot shower, glass of wine & went to bed!) Things were easier to tolerate this AM. Sun was out, things dried enough to mow the yard, then -- it rained again :th Actually, it appeared that a huge single cloud formed -- dark & windy -- then moved right over me and let lose. Not long but, why me? :idunno

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Gosh, FEM, sorry to hear about DH's misfortune and the lady that hit him. Hope they can get his car fixed up soon.

Yay for Chester!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh, FEM, sorry to hear about DH's misfortune and the lady that hit him. Hope they can get his car fixed up soon.

It really amounted to not much more than a few big scratches and bit of a dent above his wheel. Not as horrible as I expected...

Not much goaty action going on around here (that I know of). Not quite sure what's going on with me but I've been really dizzy the last couple days. Had a couple dizzy spells Wednesday morning and went on with my day. Thursday I could barely stay upright...stayed in bed until about 10...came downstairs and got in the recliner and stayed there most of the day. Barely stumbled outside to feed yesterday evening - totally skipped yesterday morning. Today seems better...but still not subsided totally. I am not happy about this!! I had that big double ear infection some time back, went to the ENT doc and got a clean bill of health (supposedly) and now this? ARGH! Every time I take time off - something happens! Wasting several days of my week off isn't getting things done around here.... :( Hoping by tomorrow it'll all be nothing more than a bad memory!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh noooo! Not cool! I used to get sick every school vacation when I was teaching. It was obnoxious! I hope it disappears for you!