Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Long hard, hot day. I thought since we weren't going to hit triple digits that it'd be a great day to work outside. I don't know what I was thinking... Started off early with several loads of laundry - that was the easy stuff. Had to get some mowing done before the possible rain moved in. It didn't move in - but the mowing is done anyway. The tire I fixed is performing beautifully! I'll probably do some more mowing tomorrow.

A little later I went out with my mini chain saw to work on cutting up branches again and the stupid chain saw decided NOPE. The bar came loose and the chain came off and it no work-y anymore, lol. Came inside and thought maybe I could fix it, but didn't have a lot of luck. Decided to go back in with the big gun! I've never used the bigger chain saw - but I can't say that anymore. I only got it stuck in a log once, but I got it out too. Made loads of progress but had to come inside and shower.

Went back outside and started burning branches. Took the loppers and cut them down to a manageable size. It was hot outside - but it was even hotter feeding 4 different fires.

Right after the hurricane and the month of rain that came afterwards I made some really deep ruts driving the tractor out to the pond everyday to feed the fish. Decided to start filling those ruts in before it rains again. I have some old cedar fence posts that are crooked and old and just not good for building fence so now they're filling up the deep ruts. These ruts are so deep that the tractor didn't have to be steered going to the pond - it just stayed in the ruts. So deep that I was a little worried about sticking the axle in the mud. So deep that I had to start going around about way to the pond. SO DEEP, that even closing the gate over the ruts Raine and Karma could practically walk right under the gate, lol. Probably about 18 inches deep in some places. I got a couple FEL loads of dirt in them, probably need 50 more. Glad I have a mountain of dirt from the pond dig to pull from, lol. This is going to be a slow process - but I at least got started.

Fed the critters and came inside to start dinner. I thought I was going to make peppers and sausage. I kinda did. I ended up making sausage, cabbage, broccoli, onion, and peppers - all roasted in the oven. Oh my - so good - and healthy too.

Supposed to be 98 tomorrow - a cool front, lol. However, I'm going to wait until we have a real cool front before I work outside as much as I did today.

Oh - I think I fixed the mini chain saw too...with a suggestion from DH! Yay - teamwork!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got outside before it got too hot this morning. Did the feeding then started mowing. Took the mower out ot the pond and mowed as close to the edge as I could on the west side. That's the side closest to the dirt mountain. It's where I feed the fish and where I do my fishing from. I like it to be as open as possible and right now, it's not. It's better now. I'll try to get some more weed whacking done this evening if it doesn't rain.

Came back to the house and started working on the branches again. Cut up a bunch more and got them burned. I've made lots of progress but I think those branches are breeding when I'm not watching. I'm saving a bunch of the wood so it's taking longer because I'm cutting them to size as I go.

Had to put the brakes on the outside work. Came in, got a shower and a snack and now I'm watching the Texans last pre-season game right now. That's more important than being outside!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo - Texans won! I took a 30 minute nap afterwards and then jumped back into hurricane debris clean up. At the rate I'm going, we'll have another hurricane before I get finished with the clean-up from this one. How horrible would that be? Worked in the front yard this time. While I was out there burning stuff already on the ground I trimmed some low hanging branches that I have to duck under when I mow. Now I have MORE stuff on the ground.

About to go out to feed the critters and come in and call it a day. Will warm up some leftovers from last night and likely popatop.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Doc appt. with neurology dept. this morning. It was a follow up on the CT scan he had recently. We'd already seen the report posted in his online chart that diagnosed the Normal Pressure Hydrocephaly. Today was the follow up with the doc. A spinal tap is the next step. We'll hopefully get that scheduled soon. Another doc appt to discuss the results and, most likely, schedule surgery for the shunt placement. It was nice to hear from the doc that the shunt placement is a straightforward, fairly easy surgery. However, we know how "easy" surgeries go for DH. The last simple surgery ended up with his CPR adventure. Hopefully, there will be no problems this time.

Been raining this morning. We were lucky enough to get in and out of the bldg without getting wet. Heavy rain while driving but didn't last long. Glad I got a bunch of tractor work done the last few days. Didn't get 100% finished but about 85%. It'll do for now.

Stuck inside for now so I guess I'll clean something....ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Somebody stop me!!!

1724809473111.png

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You KNOW I wouldn't stop you!!! Heck yeah, I'd buy both :celebrate :old:lol:

Not crazy about horn spread on pretty black but that tiger dapple male is a beauty.

Last edited: