How old are YOU?!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
56 is not old. Just ask my mother!!! :lol:
I'm 54 still, until May ;) feel like late 20's in my mind, glad I'm not a teen, trying hard not be like my grandmother as far as my body is concerned.
The face in the mirror is not the one I see in my mind.

I have never felt as good about who I am as I do now. I just wish I had a younger body, healthwise that is! So I could do some things over, knowing what I know now, for my health - mostly!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
Older than dirt and twice as ugly!! :lol:

Physically-I feel 90+

Mentally-about 25

Chronologically-I just turned 50 last week
Happy birthday!!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
This might not be in the right place, but we'll find that out in enough time lol.

Basically, after adding Blackbird to Fbook, I'm quite interested in the average age of our board members

So, the question is... HOW OLD ARE YOU?

I'll start, since I was born in the craptacular month of January in the wonderful year of 1989, that would make me 21
I got married that August...when you were 8 mos old :lol:

I am a whoppin' 42....thank you very much!

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Next year, I will be 60.

And I think I look good for an old biddy....if not a teensy bit "deer in the headlights".

Maybe I should mention why this picture is a big deal for me. I never ever ever post my picture online. Why? Well, I am allergic to makeup and thus can't cover the vitiligo (Michael Jackson's skin disease) around the edges of my face and on my neck. I tweaked this shot a bit so it's not as prominent. Probably no one would even notice, but you know how it is when it's your face.

So, I lost 180 pounds in order to boost my confidence, and then developed a facial skin disease. Sometimes you just ought to stay in bed!

1098_picture_340.jpg

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, Ldychef2k, I think the photo is is lovely. And thank you for posting, as I was ready to say that I was the oldest of all of you at 58, but now I don't have to ;). For many, many years I would catch sight of myself in a mirror, unexpectedly, and see my youngest brother (what can I say? I don't have any sisters :/); but lately I see my mother - I think this is a sign of age. I'm glad I am not alone in having a mental age far younger than my chronological one - I feel, in my mind, late 20's; my knees say 50's or 60's, or sometimes 70's, but I like to think my good Irish genes put my face at younger than 58.

ETA: Ldychef2k - just read your post again, and did a bit of math, and realize that I also will be 60 next year. With a birthday very close to Christmas I sometimes get confused; I only turned 58 a month and a half ago.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ldy are you allergic to gluten, sorry this is off topic. It has to do with the Vitiligo. I think you look great!! 180 pounds. Holly c@!@ Please tell me your secret.

What Dacs, You can't believe I am 39 or still feel 23??? :plbb

Lupinfarm, I graduated high school in 1989, woo hooo!!!!

FarmerDenise "The face in the mirror is not the one I see in my mind." Very well put.

g

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still too young to care. :D
Ditto! so...

Brown chicken brown cow brown chicken brown cow.....

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
I have the maturity of a 10 year old (Shut up BB), the patience of a 4 year old on Christmas morning, the wisdom of a 14 year old, and the sprightliness of a 95 year old. That averages out to a little over 30 years old, so I'm doing just fine, thank you.

Hoosiermomma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
eggs4sale said:
I have the maturity of a 10 year old (Shut up BB), the patience of a 4 year old on Christmas morning, the wisdom of a 14 year old, and the sprightliness of a 95 year old. That averages out to a little over 30 years old, so I'm doing just fine, thank you.
sprightness of a 95 yr old :old...omg...:lol: maturity of a 10 yr old :plbb ? The patience of a 4 yr old
shame.gif
...geez if you are all that...then I am da@$ near an antique...
s2040.gif