How old are YOU?!

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Actually, I was going to say 8 years old but ok, 10 is close enough.
You were probably a mature 10 year old. I myself was not burdened with that load.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Ldy are you allergic to gluten, sorry this is off topic. It has to do with the Vitiligo. I think you look great!! 180 pounds. Holly c@!@ Please tell me your secret.

What Dacs, You can't believe I am 39 or still feel 23??? :plbb

Lupinfarm, I graduated high school in 1989, woo hooo!!!!

FarmerDenise "The face in the mirror is not the one I see in my mind." Very well put.

g

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I always look forward to being a year older. (I know...is there a 12 step program?) My birthday is in September, so next year, 2011, I will be 60. I am 58 now. Still three months older than you, I think.

I look in the mirror and see my grandmother. She was a terrific inspiration to me, so that's a great thing.

ORChick said:
Well, Ldychef2k, I think the photo is is lovely. And thank you for posting, as I was ready to say that I was the oldest of all of you at 58, but now I don't have to ;). For many, many years I would catch sight of myself in a mirror, unexpectedly, and see my youngest brother (what can I say? I don't have any sisters :/); but lately I see my mother - I think this is a sign of age. I'm glad I am not alone in having a mental age far younger than my chronological one - I feel, in my mind, late 20's; my knees say 50's or 60's, or sometimes 70's, but I like to think my good Irish genes put my face at younger than 58.

ETA: Ldychef2k - just read your post again, and did a bit of math, and realize that I also will be 60 next year. With a birthday very close to Christmas I sometimes get confused; I only turned 58 a month and a half ago.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Gluten -- Not allergic that I know of. I was born with a few dots of it on my arms. It spread to my face and then my torso and upper legs after my divorce. According to what I have read, stress can trigger its exacerbation.

Lost the first 100 pounds after weight loss surgery in the 80's, then went low carb and lost another 100, but got extremely ill from the diet, regained half of it, and then lost it again when I became diabetic and started metformin. Can you say year old-year old?

TanksHill said:
Ldy are you allergic to gluten, sorry this is off topic. It has to do with the Vitiligo. I think you look great!! 180 pounds. Holly c@!@ Please tell me your secret.

What Dacs, You can't believe I am 39 or still feel 23??? :plbb

Lupinfarm, I graduated high school in 1989, woo hooo!!!!

FarmerDenise "The face in the mirror is not the one I see in my mind." Very well put.

g

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Since I stopped playing in the "fast lane" I am getting younger..
I am 43, wifey 39, boys 7 and 4.

Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!
ON

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I'm old enough to know better, but I'm still too young to care. :D
I always say, that I am old enough to know better, but to young to resist. :D

I often time wish I were 16 years old again, and know then what I know now. There are a few things I would have done differently.........
I would have NEVER started smoking.........and I would have done everything in my power to insure that ALL the girls in my high school, graduated with more of an education than the teachers were selling.
:th :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Feb 1953 - which means that if I make it to the 22nd of this month I will have completed my 57th year and gives me the right to say I am 57 years old. So, Feb 23rd will be my 1st day into my 58th year.

Mentally I am still 30, physically I am in pretty good shape for an Old Girl. I just don't jump off tailgates anymore. I figure it would sound like a croaker sack full of mason jars hit the ground if I did.:lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One thing momma always told me...dont lie...then...she would say, unless its about your age to a good looking guy! LOL
I was born in the early 60's. Funny how so many of us are in the same range. This year....God willin and the creek dont rise..I will be 48. :barnie Wow, just seeing it in black and white makes me FEEL...ummm..mature?? I only feel old when I go to MCD's with my son...and that little snot nosed girl tells me she gave me my "senior discount" for my coffee!! WTH??? Do I REALLY look THAT old??? Thats for 65 and older!! Oh, waite, I get it, she cant count! THATS IT!! HAHA! Of course, the gals at Wallymart...STILL think I am my sons sister! HAHAHA!
Then last Christmas...my OLDER sister said... " You have Moms hands" I looked down and saw wrinkly, sun kissed hands..that show lots of hard work, and smiled! Im OK with my age...most days. ;)