is it just me or is this just... wrong?

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
il_430xN.56506119.jpg

yes, that's a unicorn made from a taxidermied lamb. i'm sure there are people out there who would purchase this, but i don't think i understand them AT ALL. weird.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well.........it sure is..er...um....different! I guess someone found a use for all those dead lambs from spring lambings. :p

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh wait, the unicorn has been upstaged by.....

THIS
il_430xN.62225269.jpg

that's a cat skull and human ribs for the wings. you can learn more about this... thing on it's etsy page.

the best part is the note at the bottom:

*********PLEASE NOTE*********: Because this item contains human remains it can not be sold or sent to anyone in Georgia or Tennessee, all other states allow the sell, possession and use of human remains in art. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
just another reason to be thankful i live in Tennessee.

you can see more weird crap like this on Regretsy.com.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think its kind of cool,..the bone thingy,...not the lamb. The lamb is too storybook for me. People have to have unique talents anymore to make $$$$$. This is definately a unique talent. ;)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I think that Unicorn is pretty cool to look at, but I would never pay money for it. Still, it shows a LOT of talent and imagination. I would imagine it has garnered the artist a lot of new business.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I think that Unicorn is pretty cool to look at, but I would never pay money for it. Still, it shows a LOT of talent and imagination. I would imagine it has garnered the artist a lot of new business.
I agree... although I would never buy something like that, it is REALLY well done and does show a lot of talent.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
SKR8PN said:
I agree... although I would never buy something like that, it is REALLY well done and does show a lot of talent.
oh, i agree it's well done. and i would say taxidermy is an art.... just not one i understand (even growing up with deer heads on the walls of my father's office). i just can't imagine thinking to myself "what would really complete this room is a taxidermied lamb turned into a unicorn..."

the human bone creature just totally freaks me out. i can totally see waking up to get a drink of water one night, seeing that out of the corner of my eye, and dropping dead from a panic induced heart attack.