Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
About your sinus problem-try seeing a dentist. Problems with the teeth and jaw can go into the sinuses.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Yes, thank you for the advice, I do see a dentist on a regular bases. However my Dr thinks its allergies so I will be addressing that now. I have never had them or least I don't think I have or perhaps as I get older the system is weaker to handle such issues.

Well, lets see, whats happening in my neck of the woods? VACATION WOOHOO!!! ROAD TRIP!!! :celebrate

Lots of mini vacations over the last couple of years, only a week in Spain year before last. Still staying state side right now as the funds just aren't there for an over the top vacation. I need to share some photos of our Geo Caching this past weekend, found 3 out of 5, the two micros I found were hidden well. The two we didn't find, well we didn't search good enough!!!

We have a private place booked for ten days and look forward to doing a little Geo Caching while there as well. Plus we have whale watching and some other activities in line to do already. It will be nice to put my tools away this year for a few days!! I will miss work, thats funny!!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
So I told you about GEO Caching, and now some photos.

Thought there was one here, but it was a few feet away!! DD landed it.
IMG_0434a.jpg

This little micro cache was hidden in the picture below it.
IMG_0437a.jpg

IMG_0438a.jpg

This one DS found stashed under some rocks
IMG_0440a.jpg

Two that we didn't find, we will find, so we are headed back out this weekend to locate those.

ETA I leave WW2 Russian metals/badges in as the are my signatures for my caching id coldwarchild so I am sure people will follow my trail and know I was there!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Fun! We haven't been either geocaching or letterboxing since the fall. Need to get back to it! After our hike with the cub scouts on Sunday afternoon I know both DS and I are up to longer treks! I'm excited. I just had a geocacher return one of my letterboxes to me. It had been found and left exposed on the trail near where it was hidden. That geocacher is my hero! The box was dedicated to my grandfather and I would have been sad to lose it (although it's always a risk with any box).

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Oh wow we love to Geocache!!! When we were traveling for the job, we cached a lot! Micros are hard....we found one that was titled "the biggest cache in Georgia" and it was HUGE....the top was above my waist and I'm 5'8"! Love to hear about other cachers....we haven't been in awhile, but plan on getting a few next week. we are gregsfxr3.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
Oh wow we love to Geocache!!! When we were traveling for the job, we cached a lot! Micros are hard....we found one that was titled "the biggest cache in Georgia" and it was HUGE....the top was above my waist and I'm 5'8"! Love to hear about other cachers....we haven't been in awhile, but plan on getting a few next week. we are gregsfxr3.
Isn't it great fun?? I like to leave quality little cold war era russian stuff so people will remember I was there.

As I learn that I should care about every ones journey in life on this public forum, I support all the people here in doing what they are doing and want to do. I find myself thinking that I only offered a opinion that wasn't backed by me knowing you better, not as a careless flame. If you thought that yesterday than I don't think you would have posted on my journal. :hugs

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
From time to time I have a site bookmarked that I should share and honestly forget to post. So here is one of my favorite how to SS websites click the link and book mark it, it has tons of useful how to farm stuff!!

http://journeytoforever.org/farm_library/device/devices1.html

at the bottom of the page are links to other info on the site, its wonder reference site to make our lives easier!