Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Thank you all again. I spoke with Amy, his wife today. They pulled him out of a medicated state yesterday evening to se if he has feelings in his legs. He does and he is medicated but not out. I feel her pain as I spoke with her, and to be honest felt hopeless as what I should say to give her comfort.

I have never been in a position where one of my workers is seriously hurt and I have to speak to their spouse. When she asked about his job today, I told her she had bigger things to worry about and lets see what time does to help him heal.

To be honest, I haven't mentioned that I am still having sinus problems. Though treated for infection the doc says I may have developed an allergy to something in the air. Just before I got this infection or what ever it is, funny thing was I was blowing up a balloon for my DD when something popped right around my jaw bone. It felt like it was swollen right in that area. I mentioned that to him, but he didn't seem concerned. So more needs to be done as it is just awful.

I found the temps today to be awful and these on top of a sleepless night after that huge storm woke everyone up at 0414 this morning. When I first heard the thunder miles away, I awoke and thought my tummy was growling, LOL... Than I noticed the lightening and heard the thunder again. It down poured around 0500 til 0520 and it sounded like the roof was banging on the roof.

The lawns are becoming green again as buds and leaves are starting to come out. As I looked at my lawn today I thought it may need to be cut soon. I have plants in the green house now, and hoping the weather will hold out and there will be no late frost this year.

I got a topsy turvey tomato thingie for 5 dollars from a auction house a couple weeks ago, have you tried one???

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's hoping your employee heals quickly. There's really nothing you can say to a family member in that position - unless you've been through it, too. I'm sure your being there was comforting to her.

Sorry about your sinus problem. That's one I don't have, but I can sympathize.

My daughter tried one of the topsy turvey thingies last summer and it didn't do too well. But then, we don't know how diligent she was in watering it, do we?

Summer's here in Tennessee in full force - we had to mow today - our neighbor's mowed 3 times (but she can spot a grass blade out of place at 500 yards - so you can't go by what she does). I will admit, ours got a little high, but Gary told me he was saving gas by not mowing before now. LOL

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My mother had luck with the topsy turvy thing last year. She could hang it off the deck and neither the deer nor her dog could reach the tomatoes!
I got one for strawberries but I'll be using it for cukes.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I didn't pay that much for the thing so I will give it a go just for the fun. I also started a new indoor tomato plant so that I might be able to get maters in the winter.

I found the driving hail/snow so heavy that I had to pull over till it passed and was able to continue my drive back from the electrical supply place in town.

My 100 ton press brake switch broke this morning, and as a result lost a important piece of equipment in the shop. I called my sparky who said he was busy today and couldn't make his way here. So while there, I ran into another sparky who said he could make his way out here next week.

Bruces condition is no better and spoke with his wife today who confirmed that he would be out of work for at least 6 or more months. I was sad to deliver that I would not be able to hold his position as things keep moving forward in the shop. I wish him well and hope his recovery is quick and proper.

One of the guys has already approached me interested in his position, I wasn't to surprised by this move as the lead positions are the best and pay the highest of skilled wages in the shop. I have not decided if he is ready however he asked again today and I couldn't give him a straight answer as to what I want to do. I find it easy to judge anothers skill of working just fine, but the truth is if the person has the ability to absorb the information as well as let it flow into their work.

I never minded working from my tool box as I am a blue collar worker. I have had to step in a few jobs this week and get them finished up.

Please, friends up north, keeps your fingers crossed for me :fl (hint) might be coming to a store near you!!! Winners!!! :weee

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Yup!! I am using billions of dollars that the government has spent on satellites to fund my good humor side and doing a little geo caching and finding near worthless trinkets and taking those that I find and leaving cold war russian military metals.

If you own a GPS you to can join in the fun!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuH_OQhvKA

:weee :lol: :lol: :lol: :weee

ETA I will post some pics tomorrow as the battery were dead!!! What a hoot!!