Jason closes his journal... Thanks!! I love you!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
modern_pioneer said:
It is my goal to keep this out of my journal, please respect my request and privacy. I can't control the media or what folks post in public, and I never read to much into it from the start. So please keep in mind my friendship and right to have this journal as my journal, not a place to hash out my recent hardships in public.

I do understand your support, and I do thank you for that, but consider my position in the future. Thanks for understanding.

Jason
done. definitely didn't want to drag out details you didn't want shared (which is why i didn't post anything specific). i just wanted to send a little hope your way. and to let you know that we're all pulling for justice for you and your family.

i know these things are hard to deal with and it's hard to know what to share and what to keep completely off the radar. i, too, have had to suffer through a family matter being dragged through the public rigmarole, so i know a bit about what you are feeling.

i'll refrain from posting anything i see in the future.
I assure you that I understand your posting, done in what I would consider support. I have always enjoyed reading your post and always welcome your friendship. I find your points almost always informative and from a different point of view. If I used food to describe your post, I would say that your post are like that mysterious hot bit in mild salsa. Again thanks for your support, and you posted was correct.

DL... BNL has it bad, one of the worse cases I have ever seen personally. Some years ago, he managed in by taking a medication that had high levels of primrose. A study hasn't been done, and after a few years his body rejected the treatment and he stopped. Currently he is part of a study using a liquid mix that kemo people use. It hasn't freed him like the primrose did, but he is better.

Lori, I agree, and I need to mention how I think everyone here has supported me. My point is that this is not the venue to hash out these matters at hand.

To explain something else, about how great people here are, and I will mention this and not the person. With respect to me I was contacted by a member here, from this forum of the breaking news. This person decided they needed to inform me just in case, like BB, in support of me. I think it was also out of kindness and friendship, understanding the level of despair I feel from time to time. Like BB said, I am so happy that the guard wasn't hurt, but people could see first hand what my family has been putting up with for many years. I also have found out this afternoon, of more things to come in the following days. So if they hadn't reached out to me, I would have found out later rather than sooner. Let me tell you how soon I was contacted, hours after the story hit the media. Some one was on their toes, and I am thankful.

I am glad to be friends with many folks here, I sent out no xmas cards this year. I intended to, but the grief didn't allow me to feel the true spirit. I see more light now, and feel much better about the future of my other two kids.

I like having a place where I can belly up and just talk abbout stuff. My stuff, ideas, your ideas, your stuff. To me this is far away from the real world, this is a place where we all fail and make milestones on how folks use to live without the nice things we have. Many of you have influenced my life in a positive way. There is no need to mention names, because your all part of that circle.

In short this is a rocky ride that isn't going to stop soon, it wil get better and worse, better and worse yet again. But as time heals the raw wounds, the love of the good folks that had their lives taken from them will be a sorrow moment in time, from time to time. It won't be so raw like it is today, it will get better....

The chickens are molting, and aren't keeping their end of the egg laying up. I thought about making them into stock, but DD wouldn't speak to me ever again. So they live one with a heater inside.

It has been a much welcomed mild winter. I have seen more of the sun this winter than winters past. Its nice to see the sun in blustering winds even though I can't feel it.

Mark gave more deer meat, I plan to start my how to videos back up and show folks, not most of you, how to process canned deer meat. People Eating Tasty Animals will like the video!!!! :lol: ;)

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
G

yes, and the dog seems to remember not to walk out on the ice now!!! stupid dog....

I do feed the fish meal worms, and they never come up to eat. I can only hope they are eating something.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
I assure you that I understand your posting, done in what I would consider support. I have always enjoyed reading your post and always welcome your friendship. I find your points almost always informative and from a different point of view. If I used food to describe your post, I would say that your post are like that mysterious hot bit in mild salsa. Again thanks for your support, and you posted was correct.
awww! thanks. that is a seriously good compliment.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
This song reminds me to continue my passive feelings in these tough times. just a couple of brothers strumming guitars together. You can these are country boys from a farm. Handsome fellows to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbW08aKDoQ4

The Avett Brothers - Murder In The City lyrics

If I get murdered in the city
Dont go revengin in my name
One person dead from such is plenty
No need to go get locked away

When I leave your arms
The things that I think of
No need to get over alarmed
Im comin home

I wonder which brother is better
Which one our parents love the most
I sure did get in lots of trouble
They seemed to let the other go

A tear fell from my fathers eyes
I wondered what my dad would say
He said I love you
And Im proud of you both, in so many different ways

If I get murdered in the city
Go read the letter in my desk
Dont worry with all my belongings
But pay attention to the list

Make sure my sister knows I loved her
Make sure my mother knows the same
Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing
Like the love that let us share our name
Always remember, there is nothing worth sharing
Like the love that let us share our name

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Back in the woods down south, I came across this grave of a 14 month old boy who died in 1700. I found some photos on a cd that I have which are scans of pictures I took. It seemed to be a thick, 6 inch piece of flag stone. I found many iron pieces, mostly old nails about 18 inches below the surface just a short distance away in a square area where I think a log cabin or barn might had been. I also found some brass harness buckets or some kind of small buckets. They are about the size of some of the buckles on my grandpaps work horse harnesses.

df.jpg

It says
Here lyes the body of
John Bryant son of
Fredrick Bryant and
Barbra his wife who
Departed this life on 28
June 1700 age one year
Tuo months and eight
Dayes

Another mentor from my young prior to Army days was Mr. Cottingham he has since left this life. He was a Marine and offered his guidance to keep me on the right track to enter into the Army.
scan0023.jpg

Here is a good trail pic of me cooking dinner, I had just recovered from a broken hip injury and was on a diet at the time. I have not been that overweight since, I was about 325lbs. Cooking from cast iron is the only way to go, for me. I was cooking beans and deer meat. The beans soaked all night into the following day, that evening I made a chili type of stew. We topped some camp taters with the stuff. It was pretty good, but made us hit the brush a few times each. No more beans while out on the trails... :lol:

hu001.jpg

As you can see we were in the back country with tents set up to sleep in. A couple of friends and I did this a few years together, until the land was sold. It was a good 7 hour hike in, we hauled the coolers in on poles like the Indians carried around their Teepees/Wigwams. That year I carried a light ruck because I was still recovering from my injury. I had put on about 70 pounds when I was laid up for 3 months.

We are expecting the back side of the snow storm 6 inches in all, and I heard the south is at a stand still. I prepared for this late last week and stocked up on a few items, milk and fresh veggies. I also have had to buy canned veggies this year. I have no frozen veggies left at all.

I missed working in my garden and I so look forward to having one this year. I gotta get back to things and the plan. I have to say my SS fund has stayed the same amount and I am looking into joining my local farmers market. I met with the gentleman who runs it before xmas and I plan to invite him and his wife over for dinner.

I have been ill since last week with a cold, but feel I am getting better.

Anyone else drink tea to get better? I drink hot tea all day long, we have an electric kettle that heats water to boiling point in 3 mintues. So any time is tea time in our house. LOL....

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Chicken soup my brother...........chicken soup heals all ills.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Abifae posted a Turmeric Tea that's supposed to help with colds and sinus problems. Might want to give it a try.

Oops, that was Turmeric Milk, not tea. Check the natural remedies section.

Latest posts