JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
keljonma said:
justusnak said:
Ours are freezer pigs as well. One is ours, one is my sisters. I am hopeing next year, to be able to have the money to put in a REAL hog enclosure...and raise our own. :fl I REALLY want the Giant Blacks. sigh...one day.
I thought you were raising a rare purple breed of pig ....... ;)
:lol: :lol:
Ahhhh yes...purple people eaters. ( they STILL try to nip once in a while.)
They are no longer purple...now, just plain pink/brown ( dirty) smelly pigs. But..still very personable. :) I just LOVE raiseing pigs...a little AG Lime in the pen once a week, and the smell isnt really too bad.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Now you have that song stuck in my head:

"It was a one eyed, one horned flying purple people eater . . ."

I'm gonna have to go to Church and try not to hum it. :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Punkin! :lol:
I can see it now.....the congregation stands quietly, and starts in with Amazeing grace....how sweet the sound...and punkin blurts out... IT WAS A ONE EYED ONE HORNED FLYIN PURPLE PEOPLE EATER! :gig :lol: :gig :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
So wait....pigs really do stink?

I was kind of hoping that was like the chicken myth...I mean they really don't stink as long as they are well kept. My dreams of a little piggy snorfle just flew out the window :hit

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace said:
So wait....pigs really do stink?

I was kind of hoping that was like the chicken myth...I mean they really don't stink as long as they are well kept. My dreams of a little piggy snorfle just flew out the window :hit
Dace...all animals have a certain "smell" Mine are in the shade...mostly mud this year with all the rain.....but I use AG lime in the pen, and the smell is not too bad....most times, I cant smell it. Now, if you feed them LOTS of table scraps...they WILL have a sewage smell. MORE LIME!!! Go ahead...get a little piggie for snorfling!:D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well if we end up with the place we looked at yesterday then there is def. a piggy in my future...if not then I am going to find one to be raised at a local farm...gotta be close enough for visits and snorfels though.

I think having meat animals is good for kids....mine are not so keen on the idea, but heck it is real life!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
That pig picture is so gross...ewwwww.
Awww, come on now Lori.....its CUTE! Im just glad thats not MY kid! LOL NO kisses from that tot, to me! :gig
I dont kiss the pigs......but I will get in there with them and give big old belly rubs, and shoulder scratches.!