JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow Denise. Sometimes just when we think we are at our end...a new door opens. We just have to have faith, and patience. So glad to hear there are angels around you when you needed them...then you even made one your SO! What a great story. :D I wish you were closer as well. I would be buying up your extra produce. I was hopeing to put in PLENTY tomato sauce...and chili base...but...not this year. :/

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Denise, that is such an encouragement. Thank you for sharing your story.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FD, that is an encouraging story. Sometimes we just need a little help to get us through a tough time.

Justusnak, how did the interview go?

I hope you find just the right dog.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
justusnak said:
The interview, is Tuesday. :fl
Oh, my bad. I need to pay attention to detail more. But, it does give me a chance to wish good luck to him. :fl

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sending good luck vibes!
One of our dogs is half chocolate lab. I'm pretty sure the other half is doberman. He's awesome! Friendly as can be but sure doesn't look it! I have a few neighbors who are afraid of him. Since they're the kind that drop by just to be nosey, I'm very glad that Kobi's arrival on the scene put an end to that! He stands up and looks out the window when anyone pulls in the driveway and lets out a bark that would scare me away if I didn't know him.... :rolleyes:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I just know this is the "open door" we have been looking for. Lowes is a great company to work for, they have great medical and dental....and pretty darned good pay! ;) He might not start at what he was at before...but anything is better than nothing!
Today is a super windy day....LAUNDRY DAY! I only have 8 loads!!!:/ With all the rain...I havent done laundry in a while...so it has piled up on me. :/ As long as the rain holds off, I think I will be able to get it all done today. :D
I planned a nice little steak for dinner...with mini corn on the cob, ( its ll my garden has produced) and sliced maters and onions from the garden. Then, I splurged on strawberry shortcake for after. I guess I could have used the blackberries in the freezer..and made a plain yellow cake....but hubby really loves strawberry shortcake...and well...his spirits need lifting a little right now. Only spent $4.00 on it all. Well worth it to see him smile. :)
He is working in the shop..while I finish the house and laundry...I will go out and help him after the last load is on the line. Hopeing to get his truck in there soon, and get to working on it. Right now the shop is trashed...trying to get shelves built, and get it all organised. Hard to believe, he has a 4 car shop, and his truck wont fit! :rolleyes: The trash man is gonna hate us Monday morning! :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Justus, I will say a prayer for you! I hope the interview goes well so that you can turn the corner and get back on a more comfortable path :)

FD...that was great story. It really is amazing that things have a way of falling into place.