JUSTUSNAK...Summer coming to an end!?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is either Pregnancy Toxemia or Ketosis----hopefully NEITHER!!!! Hope she is just in hard labor!

keep pumping in the molasses

I have jugs of glycol on hand for this.

Can you bring her fresh green leaves to eat? A goat/sheep will always eat fresh green leaves, if she doesn't, hmm...you got a very sick goat on yoru hands.

And yup they can easily pass from ketosis. I had a few die from it.

let us know how she does...it is a waiting game at this point.

Got my fingers crossed for you big time!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I just talked to the vet. He is on the way out to check her again. It doesnt look good. I cant get her on her feet. She layed on her tummy all night...but I did however see mucus coming from her vag area...so maybe her plug? She is so weak this morning, the vet is talking about doing a terminal C section. We will lose Pearl, but HOPEFULLY save the lamb's. I just dont know what to do at this point. She id down...and I mean....wont even lift her head. She wont eat or drink...and her ears are cold.
On the plus side...Autumn has lost her mucus plug.....and IF she has just one lamb, I might be able to graft this one( or 2) to Autumn. I have milk replacer on hand..and ready. DAMN!! This SUCKS!
Bee, I wish you were closer too...I could really use a friend here right now....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Just, if we didn't have snow all over the place right now, I'd be on my way.

SE Indiana isn't that far. I don't know much about lambing, but I'd be willing to help anyway I could.

Praying for you and Pearl. I hope you can save the lamb(s)!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aww, thanks QA. Right now...all I can do is say a little prayer...that we can save them both....but I dont think we can save the Ewe. :(

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs I don't know anything about sheep, but I'm praying for a good out come :fl

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well....the vet came out. Pearl was barely breathing...almost in a coma. We tried to get her to her feet...she wouldn't get up. He did a C section...and delivered 2 beautifull little lambs. A Male and a female. The male is the all black, female spotted.
99_lambs.jpg

Unfortunately....neither one made it. Just couldn't get them to take a breath. :hit What a sad day here on the farm.