Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
The animal count just went up about 10 minutes ago and I an angry and crying my eyes out.

My husband found a small male dog, neutered, looks like he's been hit by a car, and nearly starved to death. It was up at his dad's house barely able to walk. DH brought him home and I put two bowls down, one with water the other with kibbles. This dog only took two drinks, ate one bowlful of kibbles, and has a second bowl of kibbles that he's nibbling at.

I took pics. His sides are sooooo skinny, I can see his bones. His front left leg is messed up, which makes me think he was hit by a car.

I am calling my vet on Monday. I am not sure I can afford to have his front leg operated on, but I am at least going to get him a check up and get my vets opinion...

I have pics, for documentation. Not sure we will keep him. More likely fatten him up and find him a great home.

If he wasn't dropped off, then I will have to assume he is a lost dog. Highly unlikely since we live in a rural area...with hardly any neighbors....He is really friendly and just sad looking and hungry.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL keljonma
I guess my thinking is more of a livestock point of view on animals. I guess there are people who "don't know what to do with a chicken" and realize what a good asset it truly is on the property......and yes, giving away a few to help is understandable. People need to start somewhere to learn about critters.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
congrats to your DD on her own pet. I am sure she is in total love

what is the new puppy's name?

and sorry to hear about the injured dog but it is SO LUCKY it feel into your hands. At least now it has a future that can be controlled and cared for and handled, vs. being out on the streets with no food and injured!
Ugh, so much sad out there in the world. You certainly do make it a better place QA helping all of those that need help!!!! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
My daughter named her new puppy Shadow.

My DH is calling the small dog he found Lucky.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea
I had a Lucky cat that came to the barn. scrawny etc. and I fattened him up and he lived a good life from then on....yes they all are lucky!

LOL

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Ahh..that poor dog sure is Lucky it found you so you can nurse him back to health and then find him a good home!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
keljonma said:
Those pics are heartbreaking, QA!
Aren't they?
I was going to post them in my journal, but thought I had better do it somewhere else so I could warn people of the pics before they scrolled down.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
My daughter named her new puppy Shadow.

My DH is calling the small dog he found Lucky.
Shadow is one of my dog's name. Is your daughter a fan of the movie Homeward Bound? Makes me cry everytime I see it.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Somedays it feels like I live in a zoo. :rolleyes: