Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We'd need to build something here too. We could section off part of the coop but that complicates things with pens, etc. I have two duck houses we could modify if we were to get Nigerian Dwarfs, but the ducks tend to move out of the coop in the summer of their own free will and would want them back. I also need to select where they would be in the yard, ie. closer to the neighbors who don't mind noise so much.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Boy, you have a lot going on!

The pooch is beautiful! Congrats :)

And even bigger CONGRATS o the progress on the well!!! :weee

Happy days!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Henrietta23 said:
The goat will need company right? :D
Yep, but since my goat has to have her "own" pasture and "barn", I'm going to get out there tomorrow and start figuring out where I want to build it, install it.

I thought about kicking the Wellies out of their pen, but couple problems with that -

1) wouldn't be nice to displace my Wellies
2) not enough grass in the pen for a grazing goatie...

So, last year when I thought I wanted pygmies (worthless for anything other than pets, imo) E had said I could do a goat pen down the logging road....

So, I'm gonna hafta take the chain saw across the road and buzz down some fence posts, put up some fencing, and figure out what I'm going to build a goat shanty out of.

:D
I can't believe you are back to goats. :th For milk?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats on the well! I am so happy for you :celebrate

I love the pup! It looks exactly like my dog Sam that I had growing up. She passed away at age 17! last year. She was a fierce protector.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
WOOO HOOOO HOOOO!!

Congratulations!!

:D :D :D

Welcome to the nineteenth century (ducking and running :)),

Pat
:yuckyuck :gig Well, thank you! that's certainly how it feels, too!

Becca - I'm thinking goat's milk soap...and they're just so cute!

and if I have a proper goat enclosure before I bring home a goat...well maybe we'll get along better (me and the goat, that is!)

I'd really rather have a mini jersey - but again, convincing the hubby is like talking to a brick wall sometimes. :he

anyhoo...i'm tired. i got nothing done today at the house, but I did have a nice stop at JoAnn's Fabrics where I found that they've clearanced all their cross stitches down to 50% off. I found one that has a stunning roo on it, looks like my Welsummer roo, Kellogg, almost. I got a couple other cross stitches, too...and actually had to tear myself out of the aisle before I went hog wild on cross stitches!

They have another chicken one I might go back and get later.....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Had a pretty good day today. Had hoped to get to stay home the entire day and get more around here done, but that didn't happen.

Last week we had replaced the drive axle on the van, so E wanted to take the old one back today so we could get back the core charge. Did that. Wanted to make a trip count, so we also took the kids desk top school computers to the UPS drop off site and picked up the pressure gauge for the well stuff at the hardware store. We priced pumps there, but TSC was still cheaper, so we decided we'd head off to TSC in the afternoon.

Still, wanted to make that morning trip count, so we filled up all our water for livestock. - I so cannot wait for the day when I don't have to drive somwhere to get livestock water!

Then it was back to home for a quick lunch, water the cows, poultry, etc. Stopped to see if FIL wanted to ride along to TSC.

Got to TSC and we picked up the pump for the well (yay! one step closer to having water!) and got some feed for my poultry.

Came home, got some school work done with the kiddos, and then worked outside. Got more of the bantam pens inside the coop addition done, but we're going to be using them as temporary chick brooders for a few weeks.

Now it's time to relax and unwind before bed.