Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Those pics remind me of when we got our well dug. That pound, pound, pound noise is music to your ears, as long as it doesn't go on for more than a week :lol:
Then you start hearing: boom $$$, ...boom $$$, ...boom $$$ :lol:

Still, running water is a beautiful thing :cool:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm still "pup-sitting" Becca's mom's Shih Tzu, Gracie. Gracie is now the proud mommy to one white with brown spots baby boy! He's sooo cute!!

Momma tried to do the same to this pup as she had the first, chew the cord off too short. Thankfully I caught her in time, and was able to tie off the cord with a small thread. I used some rubbing alcohol to help dry it up a little, too.

I'll be taking Mama and pup home tomorrow morning. :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Oh how happy you must be about that well!! WOOT!!!!! Lookin' good!!!

Congrats on the pup, too! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
BOOM!!! BOOM!!!!! BOOM!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all we're hearing right now!

I'm wondering what my chickens are thinking.

We've got a mama Mallard hatching babies right now - so far 4 are out, 6 more eggs to go....wonder what she's thinking???

9 out of 11 Sumatras hatched! I think the last two are duds.

Mallards are pipping in the incubator.

I just got home from town a little bit ago, after taking Becca's mom to another appointment.

Stopped and ran a few errands for myself as well.

Picked up another cross stitch today (on clearance) and a plastic hoop - because I could find NONE of mine - to make as a potential Christmas gift for a friend. We'll see if I get it done. It has chickens on it.

Fixing to head outside and work, work, work. We're heading out to put some topsoil/compost mix in the raised bed, and then we're planting strawberries in the raised bed.

hope ya'll are having a productive day!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aly,. so glad to hear you are getting that well dug! :clap When it is up and functioning just think how much more time you will have to do what you want,....no more hauling water,...:celebrate So happy for you and your family! :hugs

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
BOOM!!! BOOM!!!!! BOOM!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We've got a mama Mallard hatching babies right now - so far 4 are out, 6 more eggs to go....wonder what she's thinking???

You could name one of the mallards "Boomer". They are just in time for a duck pool full of your water to play in. Smart ducks.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Very exciting! 2 weeks to go right? :ya

Wow, you are gonna be outside playing in the water all summer....we're never gonna hear from you again!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Such wonderful news that the well is being dug now. I bet you are dreaming of pools and sprinklers! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your 'puter! Right now our library has 3 out of 10 computers waiting on the tech to make repairs.... so my time here is really limited.

Hope you are getting some sunshine. TR was turning sod in the garden yesterday - and found we have ALL clay. We are still getting freeze/frost at night, so we haven't planted anything outdoors yet.