Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's good to hear you had an enjoyable kid free day. I went to Lowe's today to. Must be the weekend for it.

I hate to tell yo but here in Ca. the 300.00 bucks you would lay out for the plans is just the beginning of it. Then they have to go to an engineer who does the specific calcs to meet current codes and such. He charges an arm and a leg. I do love those books though.

I keep talking to my dh about building on our new land. (speaking in a positive way) I just keep telling him we need to have the Amish do it. Just frame the same darn house they build for themselves. They probably know it like the back of their had and could whip it out in no time flat. With their eyes closed.

Hes nt convinced.

As for hooking your well to your place now, either way you will need to have the pump and stuff. good just to get it all done and ready!! :ya

have a great night and enjoy you day tomorrow.

gina

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It is the day for it! We were at Home Depot and Sears looking at dishwashers. Ours is on its last legs.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Yes I agree with you.

I am 100% SURE you could talk to an Amish carpenter and tell him you needed a house for so many people, with so many bedrooms and so many bathrooms and then just turn them loose. They might not even need THAT much information. You would have a WONDERFUL house when they were done. Probably FAR and AWAY better than anything an engineer or architect would ever think up.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It was brought to my attention today that we have several members of our Coast - er - Pond Guard missing. They seem to have taken leave of absences without first clearing it with the commander.

So I had to round up the 'scovies and ask them where Miss Priss is - but no one was talking, and they kind of shuffled their feet and tried to skip out to the mess hall. I thought about solitary confinement, or poop detail - but the 'scovies actually seem to enjoy solitary and well, poop detail is a given.

Puddles kind of snitched that she suspected Miss Priss was hiding out in the deep brush - where the enemy would be hard pressed to find her.

So then I had to question the mallards in regard to two of the mallard gals being MIA...hmm....

Gary the Duck cracked like an egg after I mentioned how I'd like to try roasted duck for dinner. He leaked like a sieve and said that both of the missing mallard gals are deep under cover - and are planning on returning soon with recruits.

He was quite pleased upon hearing, "at ease, soldier" and went on about his business - he has guard duty for Mama Mallard and her two recruits.

We had let both the Sebbies and the Embdens out of their respective quarters - and they immediately drew their "lines in the sand" and staked their sides of the yard. Had to go and get some semblance of order among the troops and informed them that we're all on the same side - and fighting for the same cause.

They settled down a bit - and no one was put on kitchen duty.

Corporal Baldy Turkey Hen, our dominant Bourbon Red, showed up with three new recruits this morning. They need a lot of work, as they seem to live a bit on the wild side and have yet to learn respect for the chain of command. We're working on it.

Sergeant Lucky - another BR Turkey Hen - recently returned home after a failed mission. She's receiving a purple heart for her endeavors, tho, as she came home with only 1/2 a tail and nearly all her feathers ripped off her underside. Sadly, all of her command lost their short little lives in combat.

Now it's lights out so we can get up and at 'em early tomorrow.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
woke up a little later than i had intended this morning. Coffee is late brewing up, but once we've wet our whistles with the stuff that's strong enough to put hair on our chests, we'll be working on Mission Schoolwork. sigh.

We have a top secret mission only known as G.O.A.T. We're hoping to receive some positive reports in regards to this mission today. A small team of call ducks have volunteered their services to secure the objective.

Still working on locating the AWOL and MIA ducks before days end.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good luck on your missions - even the dreaded schoolwork :)