The FDA May Change HFCS Name to Corn Sugar

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
I'm going to go eat a big bowl of Purina Dog Chow with a pound of butter melted over it and some Ramen noodles. Microwave it for 3 minutes and dig in.

Maybe I'll just give it to the dogs.

Our dogs have always eaten Purina Dog Chow. They have beautiful coats, great breath and they are not fat. Their poop is firm but not hard and they are healthy except for the tumors.

Our cats eat Purina Cat Chow and they have real glossy coats and are very healthy. They don't have any tumors though.

I don't know what the Purina stuff has in it. I imagine it has corn and a bunch of cheap fillers though. The dogs won't even look at the expensive stuff that the vets all push.

I agree with FC though. Everything in moderation.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah...that works well. For about 60% of the population. The other 40%...not so much.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dunkopf said:
I'm going to go eat a big bowl of Purina Dog Chow with a pound of butter melted over it and some Ramen noodles. Microwave it for 3 minutes and dig in.

Our dogs have always eaten Purina Dog Chow. They have beautiful coats, great breath and they are not fat. Their poop is firm but not hard and they are healthy except for the tumors.

Our cats eat Purina Cat Chow and they have real glossy coats and are very healthy. They don't have any tumors though.

I don't know what the Purina stuff has in it. I imagine it has corn and a bunch of cheap fillers though. The dogs won't even look at the expensive stuff that the vets all push.

They use rotting meat from questionable animals. I will N E V E R feed that, I'd rather you feed kibbles n bits lol.

I have an old old old barn cat, was brought here from mexico and hasn't been to the vet except intial spay/shots. She eats whatever we buy her at the grocery store, but she only supplements herself with that. Otherwise its fresh caught rats/mice/squirrels/lizards/etc. I credit her amazing health & coat to living a life outside (she's active) and her fresh caught meat.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Dogs and cats didn't need dental work or have diabetes until corn-based foods became popular. My dogs get comments on their teeth every time they see a vet (rare.) They are especially amazed at the 9 year old's teeth.

My good friend recently almost lost her little tiny Maltese. She brought him to two different vets who both said he had about 2 weeks to live, after agressive treatment. I can't even give you the entire list of what was wrong with him....Lyme disease, pancreatitis, bladder infection, the list went on and on. I urged her to at least take him to a holistic vet and consider a drastic change of diet. She did. She was overwhelmed with the dietary change, so I did a big batch of stuff and froze it in ice cube trays for her (tiny dog, thank goodness!).....All organic (I can't do this for all my critters, but her dog was dying fast) collards, carrots, green beans, chicken, and a mix of ground lamb and beef.

Two months later he is thriving, gained his weight back, all symptoms gone, and his normal self. He actually turned around within a few days.

Same thing happened with a cat of mine.....almost 9 years ago now. Still going strong, no symptoms. Same holistic vet. Same drastic diet change.

Same dramatic changes with my two dogs and my other cat, but I've written those stories before, in the dog and cat food (make your own) threads.

You really don't know what the difference will be unless you try it.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Dunkopf said:

They use rotting meat from questionable animals. I will N E V E R feed that, I'd rather you feed kibbles n bits lol.

I have an old old old barn cat, was brought here from mexico and hasn't been to the vet except intial spay/shots. She eats whatever we buy her at the grocery store, but she only supplements herself with that. Otherwise its fresh caught rats/mice/squirrels/lizards/etc. I credit her amazing health & coat to living a life outside (she's active) and her fresh caught meat.
Glad to hear they use meat. Our dogs supplement their diet with cat poop. Never had a dog with rotting or missing teeth either. I think most people with obese pets and pets with rotting food feed a little too much human food to their pets. I know they all claim not to, because they know it's bad for them. However Fido can be very persuasive. My DW was a dispatcher for a trucking company in Iowa. They would haul loads of grain to the Purina mill there. Whenever the grain was found to have excessive bugs, they would reject the load. It wasn't a problem though. They just took it down the road to the Quaker mill.