VickiLynn - Finding The Balance

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Thank you for that Vicki! I have been Gluten Free for about 2 1/2 years now and occasionally I mourn the loss of Twinkies. Your description really helps me to regulate them to the distant un-educated palate.
As far as Twinkies go, you're not missing a thing!

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Now I just need to find a nice Gluten Free Oreo cookie. :/
The next time I come in contact with an Oreo, I'll report back. Maybe they're just as tasteless as the twinkies now. Of course, they are made with chocolate....;)

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I finished work at my job early today, and was able to get a lot accomplished at home. The garden has dried up enough that I could do some weeding. I thought I heard the onions thanking me as I pulled all uninvited guests from between the plants.

Starting tonight, we'll be getting rain again for the next few days. A lot of farmers in the neighborhood have hay cut. I feel bad for them.

Our three apple trees are loaded this year. In the past, I've dehydrated or frozen the apples. This year I'm determined to learn to can applesauce. I just ordered some Tattler Canning Jar Lids. I also want to attempt to make ACV.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I don't like radishes either until I tried them Creamed (!?). You slice them up and cook them gently until softened and them make a cream sauce like you would for creamed spinach. They are sweet and mild when served this way.

I also found a recipe I am going to try this season - Pickled Radishes! Made with thin radish slices, thin onion slices and about the same vinegar, water, sugar mix that you use for regular refrigerator cucumber and onion pickles. Sounds interesting and they look like beautiful pink rose petals.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I don't like radishes either until I tried them Creamed (!?). You slice them up and cook them gently until softened and them make a cream sauce like you would for creamed spinach. They are sweet and mild when served this way.

I also found a recipe I am going to try this season - Pickled Radishes! Made with thin radish slices, thin onion slices and about the same vinegar, water, sugar mix that you use for regular refrigerator cucumber and onion pickles. Sounds interesting and they look like beautiful pink rose petals.
I want the recipe. That sounds yummy. I like cooked radishes way better than raw.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd like to try the Pickled Radishes recipe, too.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Me too! Me too! But we love radishes here, and always plant way more than we could possibly eat and I just need something to do with them. Last year my second son't garden consisted of corn and radishes. He really likes them.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am in Colorado right now on vacation. When I get back I will post BOTH of the radish recipes. :)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Enjoy Colorado. I camped at Mt Shavano (on Monarch Pass) before and it was one of the most beautiful places I've seen.