WHAT ARE YOU CANNING TODAY?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That pulpy ketchup will work great for meatloaf :drool and on a burger, ya won't even know it's lumpy!😆

Good call on juice!! It's why some things are canned, to have when market doesn't. It's pretty, too.

I've never made ketchup but may when I have too many tomatoes next time. Since I don't use a lot, I buy.

You've got nice neighbors! 😁

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
finished washing up the pans a few minutes ago, still need some processing time on the half gallon jars. 28 quarts and a pint (which isn't being sealed). the oven holds that much, i'm trying to remember in the past if i've ever done a larger batch, but i don't know for sure if any more would fit. tomorrow morning i'll see if any more jars will fit because it would be nice to know for next year if i ever get in a similar spot.

i think this makes it enough tomatoes put up for the year, there's still a few buckets out there of smaller tomatoes that we'll pick and eat from but otherwise i'm ready to call it good enough.

amazingly with all the dry weather we've had the past few weeks and the wide sprawling way the tomato plants have grown this year all of the plants still have some leaves on them. normally by the time we get to this point in the process disease takes the leaves out almost completely. the plants are flowering and putting on new fruits. i'll leave them alone and let the bees have some food.