What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My garden may be trashed. The grass, where not planted & mulched is needing a mow & till!! 😳 It's knee high! Well fertilized ground can bite your rear. It's natural manure, no store bought. Geesh. Won't let animals in there this winter! Unless pigs...they will find & eat grass roots. 🙄

The planted/mulched, doing well. :idunno

yeah, one of my small gardens outside the fence did not get weeded many times when Mom said she was going to weed it. today i finally had it and mowed it, which means all those crab grass seeds are now going to be there for years to come... i'll let the thyme grow in and fill it in, but it will still need to be weeded no matter what from time to time. she's just not willing or able to do that sort of thing any more even when all it would take it using a scraper and all of 20 minutes... c'est la vie... :)

i have other gardens also getting pretty weedy and they need some attention but they're not getting it until i get my last garden weeded and planted plus now i have to lift the garlic so those will be priorities and i hope to get those two tasks done tomorrow. i didn't want to mow today but got shanghied into it. you know the rules, when Mom is happy everyone is happy... :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's so sad to hear. I hope you don't lose your precious apricot tree. I think I would have started spraying those buggers with some serious Raid bug killer.
On clearance now, won't need it for 17 more years :rolleyes: I'll wait until they go on blow out. I think they will work for bird protection for cherries.

Screenshot_20240712_234343_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, nothing today either. Hub came and made some kind of fencing to keep people coming through the back. It is upsetting to know that if I don't answer the front door, they can just come through the back. I can be walking around the house in pj's or less. But that was done while I worked on re-installing the printer. It garbage and ink won't last. I think its a smarty pants printer. 🤣
Have to go to the hardware store and get a bit of chain to put a lock on it. And hopefully it's a cloudy day so I can get weeding done. I did mowed 4 days ago but it keeps raining and that makes them grow.
I wonder what will happen if I burn the grass down with the small torch,🤪

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hubs finally got all the drip systems set up in the raised beds. There are 14 of them. He had to run pipe from the house down to the garden, from an outside pipe that is hooked into the main line, BEFORE it comes into the house. Seems all the spigots on the outside of the house are plumbed to the soft water. We need a plumber to redo all of it.

Anyhoo, all the timers and the lines and drips are working great. They come on twice a day for 40 min so the beds are not fully rehydrated. All the plants look good except for one purchase Thai Chili pepper.

Time to back off on the amount of time on each water cycle.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Went out last evening and did a lot of weeding before it got too dark and watered. Then this morning took advantage that was cloudy and finished. No torching of grass! 🙃
Hope to get back out today if I get some sleep and fix the darn peppers. Had to put the cages to the tomatoes. Some are just tomatoes all over so they are too heavy for the plant.
Will try to get pictures to post. The beans are growing nicely @flowerbug🫡

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score