What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just about to the top wire, then snip to grow two top wire arms. This is one the furthest along. I did drop the soil PH a little with sulfur.
Screenshot_20240715_212627_Gallery.jpg

I was going to hang CD's on the lower wire, but tank finds them fascinating, with all the flashing. He would probably would try and chew them up. CD's seem to work well to deter deer at night and birds during the day.

akroberts

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just about to the top wire, then snip to grow two top wire arms. This is one the furthest along. I did drop the soil PH a little with sulfur.
View attachment 26744

I was going to hang CD's on the lower wire, but tank finds them fascinating, with all the flashing. He would probably would try and chew them up. CD's seem to work well to deter deer at night and birds during the day.
You gotta love it when the dogs make everything you try to do crazy. I love both of my dogs.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it rained off and on enough the past few days that i didn't do much other than bury another bunny rabbit. i'd left it out for a day and a half hoping the FKF[*] would et it.

the [*]feral kitty family was seen one afternoon out in the yard, but i don't know where their den is at, likely one of the old groundhog burrows.

today i took some pictures of the various gardens. almost every one of them needs weeding so i have my work cut out as it will keep on growing along with all the beans and other garden veggies. i don't really mind the work (or i wouldn't be a gardener) but we're gonna have a good ol' time of it for the next few weeks.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Last night also clipped some catnip for the wee beasties. Set up in garage to dry out. However, shared a little fresh with the clowder.

The girls handled it well. Young mister one year got smashed on the bit he had. Leaning to one side walking down the hall. Then, he was heck on wheels all...night....long....