What did you do in your garden today?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mom watered, but in the process of getting her going on that i noticed some tomato worm droppings so i need to do a better scan tomorrow morning and see if i can track any more down (earlier is better). i did find two.

in the process of smashing the 2nd one with a rock it squirted my shoe - a final act of defiance... :)

Mom then really watered, i weeded and finished the top part of the north garden and then started working on the edges. i do not like how the Creeping Jenny is combining with the Creeping Thyme so i'll need to come up with some other low loving plant that can handle that location. i may need to reshape it to improve drainage and then plant it with a higher growing thyme. that may work better. live and learn... :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I picked a lot of tomatoes...some just turning color but, rather have sit inside to finish than split on vines. Killed 3 hornworms. Haven't seen any for a while. And picked few peppers....

It's raining again now. Glad I got to that earlier. Plus took trash to dump before this 👍. Good girl :lol:

akroberts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Picked a really strange looking squash of some kind. It somewhat resembles a crookneck but it's really curled and looks like it attached itself to another squash.
IMG_20240723_192705.jpg