What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was a beautiful free day today and yesterday also. Turn off the air conditioning, open the windows, let the fresh air flow through. After the day is done, snuggle up under the blanket and sleep really well in the cool night air.

But what's all this got to do with fresh from the garden pizza sauce to can?
Screenshot_20240908_200032_Gallery.jpg

IDK... but FB has been taking full advantage of the windows open by baking up a storm.

And oh BTW... we grew enough zucchini to feed us, evwryone that comes over, all the neighbors, till they don't want anymore, plus all critters great and small within a 2 mile radius. The only thing that stops zucchini is frost! :) and squash bugs. But we don't have any squash bugs this year. Where are all the squash bugs when you need them? So we'll wait for frost. Question though... just how many zucchini recipes are there anyways?

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
transplanted some more creeping thyme along an edge. the soil is mostly clay and has some limestone mixed into it so it is like concrete. i could not get a shovel in it at all, but i did take a hand trowel and beat out a tiny trench with that and then transplanted the thyme and watered it all in. it's going to take me a few weeks to finish this edge at the rate i'm going. i still have to put down another piece of edging to replace the existing stuff and that means digging down deep enough to get it down well so the frost won't heave it up so easily.

i'm thinking i may actually try to do a video tomorrow to see how that goes... i don't have much experience at using the camera for video so i might have to even read the instructions in the morning to figure it out again (i figured it out once but have forgotten how).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nope. no attempt at movie yesterday. too hot and my foot couldn't take it. instead i picked some dry beans and shelled those out after some cleaning. ugh! more cleaning today maybe... more shelling for sure. :)