What did you do in your garden today?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
IDK what it is, it sure does not look very good to eat. But then again it looks like it would soak up a lot of gravy. IDK... I'm trying to remain positive over here.
Screenshot_20240912_191557_Gallery.jpg

Looks like those black seeds will grow more next year :oops: it's climbing all over the chicken house.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My question Luffa Uses? Answer from AI, so take it for what its worth...

Luffa, also known as loofah, is a versatile plant with various applications. Here are some of its uses:

1. Body Exfoliator: The dried, fibrous skeleton of the luffa fruit is used as a natural body scrub in the shower. It gently removes dead skin cells, leaving skin smooth and soft.
2. Home Cleaning: The same fibrous material can be used to clean tough surfaces, such as pans, without scratching them. Its abrasive nature makes it effective at removing stuck-on food residue.
3. Medicine: Luffa fibers can be boiled in water to create a medicinal solution, which is used to treat and prevent colds, nasal swelling, and sinus problems.
4. Vegetable: Young luffa fruits are edible and can be cooked as a vegetable, similar to squash or gourds.
5. Cosmetics: Powdered luffa is used in some skin care products to reduce swelling and "detoxify" the skin.
6. Traditional Medicine: In some cultures, luffa is used to treat various ailments, such as arthritis pain, muscle pain, and chest pain. It is also used by nursing mothers to increase milk flow.
7. Food: In some regions, luffa seeds are used as a spice or in traditional dishes.
8. Ornamental: The plant's vines can be grown as a decorative element, trained to climb trellises or fences.
9. Compost: Luffa plants can be added to compost piles, where their high humus content benefits soil structure and fertility.

These uses highlight the versatility and potential benefits of luffa, making it a valuable plant in various contexts.

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Dug up some russets this morning. Breakfast hash browns this week. The wife wants to shred and freeze all the potatoes, but I don't have the time trying to get caught up.
20240915_110113.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
weeded the top of the north garden, by knife as i didn't want to scrape it. spotted spurge would have just dropped a lot of seeds and the purslane would also have been just making more plants if i didn't remove them more carefully. so now at least that is done. :)

will be a warm day today so other than giving a garden tour later today i don't have outdoor plans.