What did you do in your garden today?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I think I will give the garden effort a B- this year. Planted stuff I don't care for, but the wife wanted. Most of her wants went to waste, even when I picked it, cleaned it, and brought into the house.

The potatoes, bib lettuce, romaine lettuce, and spinach did well. Peppers, squash, zucchini, and eggplant were okay.

Next year thoughts are starting up in my head.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
shred and freeze all the potatoes, but I don't have the time
One thing nice about potatoes....brush off excess dirt, store cool & dark -- they keep well for you 😁 as I'm sure you know! Just tell wife -- later or shred when you're ready to cook. She seems to want things worked up but, not into doing the work up. 🤷

Store them whole -- don't be pressured.

They look nice, by the way. Baked, dripping butter :drool

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
One thing nice about potatoes....brush off excess dirt, store cool & dark -- they keep well for you 😁 as I'm sure you know! Just tell wife -- later or shred when you're ready to cook. She seems to want things worked up but, not into doing the work up. 🤷

Store them whole -- don't be pressured.

They look nice, by the way. Baked, dripping butter :drool
@Mini Horses she wants to help, but for a variety of reasons, typically can't.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
picked four buckets of tomatoes for canning later today, garden club meeting soon so i'll be heading off to that.

bean picking was yesterday and will be tomorrow. too hot and humid for me to bother with any more outside today if i can help it.

i did get a whole paper bag of dry bean pods from one garden so that should be a nice harvest once i get them shelled out. most pods were from Purple Dove beans so they are small but they are good eating when cooked up. so we'll worth the effort as they are pretty much a no-brainer bean variety (bush bean, good eating fresh or dry) and also more reliable compared to many of the other beans i also grow.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, while picking thru beans to wash & can, I thought of you and your pretty bean pics as these had some obviously mixed up types. But pretty & speckled. Which then reminded me, I have some beans I need to shell for use as next yr plants 😁

Between weather and grass, the last few green beans were left on plants..I later picked when dried. I sprouted a few to see if they developed and got germination. So now I'll shell. Probably get a couple hundred seed👍 more than I'll need but that's ok.

My pick outs, from yesterday cleaning bags of beans to can, will be cooked & fed to my chickens.👍. No worm farm.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I guess today was the day to harvest goldenrod, peel garlic and ofcouse more zucchini.
Screenshot_20240918_165138_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240918_164912_Gallery.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️