Picked more pumpkins.
20241005_143346-jpg.3958627

Pulled carrots.
20241005_134430-jpg.3958628

20241005_143317-jpg.3958629

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
picked through one of the bean gardens and got an overflowing paper bag of bean pods to shell out - they were sorted and put aside in boxes and flats to finish drying off any of the dewfall that happens each night. this was the third picking and there are still more beans finishing up in there. the back half of that same garden i've not picked through yet as it is the last garden that was planted and i'm not sure how much it might have in it but we'll see when i get to it.

no rains last night or this morning so i have a whole week now of no rain in the forecast and perfect weather for getting a lot done outside. either putting up gardens, weeding or any other things i can get done. temperatures will be moderate most of the week (mid-60s).

fire risk now though with windy and so much dry weather.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A goal in next week or two is to plant garlic. I've wanted to do that for a few yrs, it didn't happen. 😔 Last yr I actually bought garlic to plant...this yr I'm looking in the box & wondering if they'll still sprout. Some cloves were pretty dry but you could feel centers still there. Some soft necks were actually moist enough to cook with. So, I put wet paper towels in a container, added cloves, cover more wet PT and sealed glass container. We'll see how that goes 🤷 nothing to lose. To be safe 🙄 I order more bulbs. They'll be here this week. I'll get the container bed ready for garlic! 🥰 If these sprout, then I'll plant those...2 bulbs of ea of 3 varieties still, plus new - another 6 bulbs. That should give me at least 50-60 cloves. Plenty of garlic for me 👍

My chicken planted tomatoes are growing great!! Setting fruit. Maybe fresh tomatoes for Thanksgiving.