What's for dinner?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ham steak, with fresh green beans & potatoes from the garden. Not home grown pork but, on sale! That's good. 🙄. Really on sale -- & from prices several months ago! 😄 Cooking bacon now, for breakfasts during week -- will jar drippings and cook my veggies in this pan. :drool yes, sir!! Visit the freezer and find goodies.

Pretty soon it'll cool off and I can cook one of the turkeys I bought at 50 cent a pound!! Butterballs, too. That'll be feast & share since they're 23# ers. 😳 Sales!!!

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ham steak, with fresh green beans & potatoes from the garden. Not home grown pork but, on sale! That's good. 🙄. Really on sale -- & from prices several months ago! 😄 Cooking bacon now, for breakfasts during week -- will jar drippings and cook my veggies in this pan. :drool yes, sir!! Visit the freezer and find goodies.

Pretty soon it'll cool off and I can cook one of the turkeys I bought at 50 cent a pound!! Butterballs, too. That'll be feast & share since they're 23# ers. 😳 Sales!!!
You got some great deals! And now I'm hungry for ham...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You got some great deals! And now I'm hungry for ham...

we constantly have sliced ham in the fridge, i'm getting to the point now of rarely eating it and probably will suggest to Mom to stop buying it as i don't think she's been eating much of it either. instead of having it spoil... today i'll make some ham and cheese roll-ups... i wish i had some good green onions but i don't think there's too many out there that i'll consider usable, but i'll let that determination happen when i'm out in the onion patch... perhaps some seeds have sprouted and grown enough in the past week to make that possible... hmm, if anything i can go for some fresh garlic.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
PB&apricot preserves for dinner this evening. it had been a long time since i'd had jam or preserves on a sandwich... (on Mom's homemade white bread). it really wasn't a very large sandwhich and that was ok with me, but i needed something. then a handful of carrots and a glass of water.