What's for dinner?

VJohnson

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
went to Costco and had a sample of Milton's Veggie Pizza on Cauliflower crust. OMG. So good I bought two!!! And I never buy packaged foods. That good. If you have a Costco nearby, give it a try.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cookies! Yummmmm!

iknowright! :) there's usually cookies around. which is why i have a tough time getting those last 10-15lbs off. Mom said she wants to make chocolate cakes today. we have a full freezer of goodies and also some nutbread in the fridge along with the cookies. her excuse was that we need chocolate frosting... the cakes will mostly be given away.

i have beans and cauliflower ready to eat along with plenty of cut up melons so i'm really set up nice for eating reasonable today.

i've also got a jar of sriracha bbq sauce with roasted garlic in it which works well on raw cauliflower. i don't really eat much bbq sauce these days so it's a nice change to have some.

in a pinch it can also work on cooked cauliflower and cheese with some beans for filler. i'd actually not cook the cauliflower and just warm it up with the cheese on top to melt it but that's all.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Hinotori Someone locally posted that the US Foods Chef's store has boneless skinless (and maybe IQF?) chicken breast on sale for 1.99 a lb in a 40 lb box. Is that a good deal? I'm thinking of stocking up since I've been working down my dark meat reserves.

Unit (40 lb)
-

+
$79.59
$87.09
Save 9%
Sale ends in 2 days.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Of course, we'd like better 😁. But boneless/skinless is my choice for canning! Smaller packs are normally in $2.75-$3.50+ around here. I'm looking at $.99 for split breast, on sale. But all the work 🥴 I do then make broth from those parts -- bone/skin/fats, strain out and feed solids to cats, season & cook down broth a little longer to can or freeze for self. :idunno it seems like a good deal as I'm eating all winter ... But not while first doing it 🤣 That price is better than raising & butchering. :old unless, of course, we get into no $ to buy, free ways to feed.

Nothing is "cheap" anymore. No restaurant stores here that allow sales to public. Even the lowly pot roast is now $6-7 a pound.

Last edited: