What's for dinner?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it all sounds good to me (when someone else is cooking :) )...

when i make pudding i make at least two quarts so there is some around for a few days. the hazard is that there is some around for a few days... last night i opened up the last quart and finished 2/3rds of it before i "noticed", i'm pretty sure i "noticed[tm]" earlier than that but ignored it...

when i made the pudding i first started in a large bowl but it wasn't quite large enough so i had to divide the mix into two bowls to microwave. i wasn't sure i'd gotten enough of the tapioca into one of the bowls and sure enough it wasn't until it was mostly cooked that i could tell, so last night's jar was thick enough to stand very easily on the spoon (i could have cut it into cubes :) ). it was still good, cold, slightly sweet and vainilla (that's how the Mexican company has it spelled on the bottle).

Last edited:

Simpleterrier

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Made homemade.pizza the other night used half the dough other half went in the fridge woke up early yesterday rolled it out covered with cinnamon and sugar butter rolled up tossed in pan with sugar honey and pecans aka sticky pecan rolls kids ate the last couple this morning for breakfast

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
meat loaf, it's been some time since we've had this so it was a nice change. i can eat it cold or hot or in-between. doctored, plain, sandwiched, etc.

today's version was using some hot sauce and ketchup combined and i'm very glad to say that the ketchup really helped the hot sauce which i've not liked very much so far. i'm going to use it up one way or another, but at least now i know of one way that improves it by a wide margin. also i have found it does go ok on sardines with plenty of yellow mustard...

dinner tonight was a few hot dogs with mustard (no buns) from the freezer that were pre-grilled and frozen by my nephew. microwaved and still excellent tasting. no freezer taste because we double bag almost everything as we both really hate that smell and taste. vegetable with the hot dogs was peas and beans fresh picked and cooked. the beans were a bit on the tougher side but still edible - my prep for them was good so none of the really chewy ones got past me. i can pick some more peas/pea pods any time, there's still some out there and they're really good this year with all the rains we've been having the past few weeks.

Mom decided to pick up a watermelon and muskmelon from the store. the watermelon was fairly bland but edible, the muskmelon is firm and crunchy but also sweet enough to be acceptable. probably one of those melons developed for shipping, but in this case they at least got the flavor figured out. so a bowl of those was a snack this early evening.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rockfish, greenbeans, and rice. Fairly common meal with variations here.

Also one of the few things I can easily eat since I cracked my tooth in half down the center. Oral surgeon making me wait because they don't have any closer openings. I have just over 2 weeks to go. Isn't hurting much unless I hit it with food. Tortillas and bread are bad. Can't quite shut my mouth all the way to chew properly. The cracked off side is loose and has shifted out of the socket some.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
i do not recommend liver soup... :/

Liver soup?

Screenshot_20240716-085656_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: