Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
My son was the sleeper, my daughter was on the go almost non-stop, or at least that's how it seemed.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
miss_thenorth said:
to go along with the hijack :D My son, who was first, was a very high needs baby. I never got anything done, except to gain some weight, as I was sitting on my butt for most of the day nursing--he was a lazy sucker. and when he wasn't nursing, he was being high maintenance. My dd otoh, when she wa born, I asked my mom what was wrong with her, --she just laid there. My mom, ever so gently informed me that she was normal, DS was not :gig I did mangae to garden and do lotsa thngs when dd wa a baby.
:lol: I guess I got lucky like you did miss_thenorth. :rolleyes: My mom says that boys tend to nap less than girls in general. At some point soon my boy is going to be sleeping less than I need to at night! :hide

(once again, sorry for the hijack BB)

I have often thought it would be fun (and a good idea) to sell my extra plant starts.
Baby naps plenty and well. For which I am thankful. And she is not high maintenance either.
She was at the beginning, but we changed her diet to whole nutrient dense formula, and that changed everything.
She went from scrawny to solid in no time at all.
In fact, at 1 month old, she was eating 7 ounces at every feeding. She did that for about 10 days! Poor thing was malnourished in so many ways.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Tomorrow the computer is shut off again during the day. Its been nice to just hang out on here off and on today though.
DH is staying home from work too, as his fever is spiking again.
I think I am going to double his FCLO dosage.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Tomorrow the computer is shut off again during the day. Its been nice to just hang out on here off and on today though.
We'll miss ya! Hope the baby gets better! Oh wait...no that's MY husband that acts like a baby when he's sick... Hope your HUBBY gets better :lol: :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
We'll miss ya! Hope the baby gets better! Oh wait...no that's MY husband that acts like a baby when he's sick... Hope your HUBBY gets better :lol: :hugs
Uh, Wanna, that's every hubby I know. Think I've posted this B4, but it's soooooo true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I am ready to collapse! I moved over 12 heaping wheelbarrow loads of muck/hay/poo out of the front of the goat yard. Now I need to properly skirt the barn so the chickens do not go under it, add height to the coop and barn gates to keep the chickens in and then start mucking out the barn.

DH is in bed trying to recover, and he is taking care of baby as well so I can get this stuff done today.

Oh! And I have an amazing fence design in mind. Do you all remember that pallet garden that was linked here awhile back?
Well! Since we are going to start putting in fence posts very soon, and building a real fence, I have a plan to use pallets as the outside part, and plant them full of nasturtiums.
We will still use wire, but since we need stability, and we have piles of pallets with access to as many as we need, I am going to make good use of them.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Goodness that's a ton of work.

I was just thinking of that pallet garden this morning. Savingdogs said she made a pallet fence as well. I was going to try and track down the link and show her.

I can't wait to see it.

g

found the link. :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
She went from scrawny to solid in no time at all.
In fact, at 1 month old, she was eating 7 ounces at every feeding. She did that for about 10 days! Poor thing was malnourished in so many ways.
She is in good hands.

Enjoy that your baby naps and has a calm temperament! It is especially good for you since your growing season is short.

I'm just looking forward to the day I can put my little energizer baby (what we call him) to work for me. :lol: