Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Goodness that's a ton of work.

I was just thinking of that pallet garden this morning. Savingdogs said she made a pallet fence as well. I was going to try and track down the link and show her.

I can't wait to see it.

g

found the link. :D
I did make a pallet fence for the garden! It is still a work in progress. We just linked them together with wire. I did have a little shed and the framework for a children's playset sitting there. I had converted the little shed to a chicken broody cage, so now there is a little fenced area around my broody cage too. I have a door so I can shoo them out and two gates, as this little sunny spot was in the middle of a path through the yard.

My pallets have much wider spacing between the planks. I can't use it the same way as that photo. I will be able to plant in the bottom run, and I'm going to use it more as a trellis. I have a different sort of pallet than the one they chose.

I'll take some photos of it as soon as I can find my camera. :hide I've misplaced it somewhere and I'm nervous to tell Hubby as it was an expensive gift and I'm forever misplacing it!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Hugelbeet is done, except for the dirt. Lots of old wood, brush, leaves and all the manure I moved out of the goat pen are mounded up.
All the rhubarb is being transplanted in it.

Summer pen for the Doe and her baby is done, and they are moved in. I need to add a tarp to the top of the shelter , to make sure its waterproof. Moving the ducklings in there as well.

DH is taking a drive out to our remote bate station right now. He will be back in a bit, and we will move the old broken van, the trailer and the snowmachines, and then I will get the potato beds prepped.

I am shocked at how much my health has improved! :ya

Baby spent most of the day with daddy, and while he is gone, has been in the stroller snoozing.
We are now in for a bottle for her, chicken vege soup for me, and then we are back out in the sundshine :celebrate

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
DH just called. He went to pick at the landfill today.
You are not going to believe what he FILLED the truck and trailer with.

Enough chain link fence to fence in our entire property. :ep

:weee :ya

Can you imagine?

So we are going to rent a fancy post hole digger very soon, and start hanging fence!
Since its just the fence itself and not the posts and rails, we are going to do a rail style spruce pole fence. We already have a fair amount of spruce poles to get us started, and we have an unlimited amount that we can cut just down the road from us.

:ya I'm just a little excited :ya

Bubbling Brook Farm is going to be Fort Knoxed!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
37989_garden_progress_007.jpg

The hay bed for taters, and inside the pen is where we will plant all our winter squash.
37989_garden_progress_006.jpg

Grow up pen for chicks, part one of our woodshed, and the beginnings of the new garden bed. It will be triple that size once I find enough cardboard.
37989_garden_progress_005.jpg

Tires and pots for tomato's and 3 of the 9 boxes for lettuce.
Hope to set the rest up this afternoon, and add a layer of goat barn bedding to the bottom.
37989_garden_progress_004.jpg

My version of a Hugelbeet, minus the dirt. Its a big pile of old firewood, tree trimmings, leaves and the goat yard muck.
Dirt will arrive in a couple weeks, and then I am moving all my rhubarb into the hugelbeet.
37989_garden_progress_001.jpg

Some of the potted starts.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Wow, what a score! Chain link is great stuff. I love your property, and your starts look great. Mine are still at the 4 leaf stage- when do you put things like tomatoes outside there? I can't even think about it until the first week of June.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats on the fencing. Looks like everything is coming along great. :)