Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for making the coffee @baymule , I just got a second cup. I got up at 4,
opened up the coop already Mr. Rooster is quite chatty this morning.

Tis winter--it is what it is
Screenshot 2022-12-09 044327.png

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nope. I sure wish I did. But between no space and too much stuff, no where to squeeze one in and give it the space it needs for safety sake. But I do have propane and a place to hook up a heater, just got to get one.
well maybe by next July you will be ready to look at a small one

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad it was not just me... Didn't sleep well at all last night. Spent waking hours with my nose in the Holy Bible. Today is a rainy day, which is a blessing. I praise Almighty even with brain fog due to sleep deprivation.

I ran across a verse last night that I may need clarification on. Have to study further first though. Preferably when I'm not sleep deprived,😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
What verse?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope. I sure wish I did. But between no space and too much stuff, no where to squeeze one in and give it the space it needs for safety sake. But I do have propane and a place to hook up a heater, just got to get one.

Newer stoves don't take much space except in front and above. Mine is 6 inches clearance each side and 9 in the back. To regular walls. It's certified for use in trailers. It was an inspected install for insurance. The walls don't get hot. Only has to sit on a fireproof pad. The pad we bought wasn't too bad. Just shift it into position with 12 inches in front of the door to catch anything dropped.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So my rant for today I posted to Facebook as well.

I always wonder what is actually in the so called "bone broth" they sell in stores. It's liquid. Mines only liquid when hot.

Even at room temperature the stuff I make needs a spoon to eat it. It slices really well when refrigerated.

So what is in those boxes and bottles? Bones are full of collagen. That's most of the point of bone broth. If they remove all the collagen to keep it liquid, what's the point?