Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
poor Asheville, i spent a few weeks there one year when i was on the road and living out of my car and a tent, going around looking for land and a new place to live. i spent months in western NC and eastern TN wandering around. when i came across Asheville i liked it enough to find a room to rent from an elderly lady in town for a few weeks, so i could walk everywhere and enjoy my time there without having to get in the car.

i ended up eventually over the hills in eastern TN near Elizabethton at an apartment complex, stayed there for a few years and hiked as much of the AT that i could get to for day hikes and swam in the reservoir (Watauga Lake).

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got all that meat cut up and done except for about 12 pounds to put through the meat grinder. Went to church this morning, grocery store this afternoon. Meat is in refrigerator and I’ll hit it in the morning. I’m just all hogged out today. LOL

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got all that meat cut up and done except for about 12 pounds to put through the meat grinder. Went to church this morning, grocery store this afternoon. Meat is in refrigerator and I’ll hit it in the morning. I’m just all hogged out today. LOL

i certainly understand why! :)