Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
poor Asheville, i spent a few weeks there one year when i was on the road and living out of my car and a tent, going around looking for land and a new place to live. i spent months in western NC and eastern TN wandering around. when i came across Asheville i liked it enough to find a room to rent from an elderly lady in town for a few weeks, so i could walk everywhere and enjoy my time there without having to get in the car.

i ended up eventually over the hills in eastern TN near Elizabethton at an apartment complex, stayed there for a few years and hiked as much of the AT that i could get to for day hikes and swam in the reservoir (Watauga Lake).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got all that meat cut up and done except for about 12 pounds to put through the meat grinder. Went to church this morning, grocery store this afternoon. Meat is in refrigerator and I’ll hit it in the morning. I’m just all hogged out today. LOL

i certainly understand why! :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night, we'll early this morning actually. Someone was coyote hunting. I can make out a real coyote from a call pretty easily. It's been so pleasantly cool outside lately, we sleep with the windows open when its not supossed to rain. About everytime I would about dose off, I would hear a few rifle shots. Then of course, I'm wide awake again.

This went on until a little after 3AM when I heard a truck start up and drive up the road. I don't mind people hunting coyotes at all, I think coyotes are always in season, with no limit, so they are doing nothing wrong that I know of. Besides the fewer coyotes, the better in my mind. But there's the whole shawnee national forest to hunt in, atleast they could move away from or neighborhood a little and call them in there, so I can sleep.

Its late and i'm tied, perhaps a little cranky also. Besides I've been stiff lately, thought it was arthritis. Nope... just early onset rigor mortis.

Hope you all have a blessed night🌙

Jesus is Lord and Christ ✝️

Last edited:

Latest posts