endometriosis

lovesduckies

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
hello all!! i am a newbeee. i hope i am posting in the right area :D

i was diagnosed with endometriosis dec. 24, 2008 at the age of 20. my doctor said i am the youngest he's seen. right after i was diagnosed, my dad lost his job, so i lost my health insurance. his new job that he works at currently has high paying healthcare that isn't that great. i am an unemployed student so i can't get my own right now. i go planned parenthood to get the depo shot every couple of months, but i am gaining a lot of weight that i can't shake off and it's lowering my already low self esteem and depressing me. i have tons sons of search for other treatments but all i get is hysterectomies and removing of the endometriosis, but i am only at stage one and of course i don't have insurance so that is kind of impossible at the moment. is there any other remedies i can try? thanks in advance for the replies and suggestions :D

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't really have any ideas for you. Just thought I'd say hi and offer my support. My sister suffers from that. It was pretty awful. I know with her they just kept her on birth control until she wanted to get pregnant (which was a whole other issue in and of itself). Good luck with finding something! Perhaps another form of bc that doesn't have as many side affects? I know the shot can be pretty tough.

lovesduckies

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
i've tried all kinds of birth control :D i'd like to get off of it. lol. i am reading up on some articles that were given to me by Bubblingbooks. i want to go a more natural way, i am tired of being hormonally challenged lol and crazy :tongue

endometriosis is really rough :smack i wish i could do that!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I had endometriosis. I didn't care for the pill either. Eventually I got pregnant and that cured it.
I am sure that is not the answer you wanted, but it does work. :lol:
I was diagnosed with it when I was maybe 21 or 22. I had my DD when I was 25.

lovesduckies

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
lol i was thinking about that lol, but i am only 22, never had a real relationship and i'd like to married when i have a child lol(no offense to those who don't!!!!). i'm not even done with school yet and i can't even afford that hahaha. i don't want to bring a child into the wrold because i want to cure my disease lol.

thanks though!!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
lovesduckies said:
lol i was thinking about that lol, but i am only 22, never had a real relationship and i'd like to married when i have a child lol(no offense to those who don't!!!!). i'm not even done with school yet and i can't even afford that hahaha. i don't want to bring a child into the wrold because i want to cure my disease lol.

thanks though!!!
I felt the same way. Actually I was married when I was diagnosed, but I was not ready to have a baby right away. I was still a wild child at 22 ;)