FarmerJamie - A new beginning

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm amazed that the laptop lasted so long!! Mine last hp lasted 6 years. The new one is a Lenovo, cus I don't care too much about the brand, more about whats inside.

i do care about how well engineered they are since if they take some care with that then there's a better chance you can repair it (or find someone else able to fix it).

i have stuck with desktops and building my own in recent years even if it can take some time to make sure all the parts are compatible with what i have already. and i was also willing to cut and bend my old Dell case (from 1998) to get the board ports accessible enough in the back. my experience with a notebook a long time ago was that it was ok, but not really as sturdy as i wanted.

i'm pondering checking the after Christmas sales to see if i can add another SSD for more room for pictures and reorganizing since i'm running out of space and want to be sure it is all backed up on multiple hardware devices.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hard to believe I joined this site 13 years ago

i'm not sure how to find the first post to this whole website forums area, but i figured that if i looked up when @Nifty created his account i would be close to when this site was set up.

November 13, 2007

a few members i could find had signed up in 2008 but i could not find anyone earlier than that other than nifty.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Time for break

Two hours of sorting and putting stuff away this morning. Slowly pecking away at the piles.

A chicken casserole in the oven with a green bean casserole for lunch.

Someone is cheesed off I am sitting in "her spot"
20231224_114300.jpg