FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I do miss watching the tree rats from the old place. Not a fan of trash pandas
20240105_151359.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Trash pandas carry some nasty roundworms, transmissible to humans.
Rabies, and other stuff...eat cat food and such if put out for "barn cats"... as well as will tear apart chicken coops and all... so if you are considering any outside livestock... take the .22 and dispose of the trash pandas.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you can trap/shoot all of them you want but you're pretty much wasting your time and ammunition. they will keep reproducing enough to keep up with any you can remove. short of really well built electric fences you won't keep them out, but you can discourage them and not feed them and that will limit how much they come around looking for food. the problem is that they eat everything so in order to make a place really limited for them to feed upon you have to be nearly living on concrete. :(

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No, don't consider it wasting time or ammo here... the more you shoot the fewer you have... Yes, they come looking... but with all the woods and all around, plus the crop fields, we have our share and I can easily diminish the numbers with the .22 and the live trap. I do not feed the cats outside, but they will get in and kill chickens and eat feed and tear things up for the sake of killing.... not even eat what they kill. I despise raccoons.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Congrats!! What a relief!

How is settling, unpacking, cleaning routine going?
Slowly. Taking it easy to heal my neck and shoulder. Working on two small daily routine changes...setting up the morning coffee and making the bed after getting up.

Making good progress on the kitchen unpacking. Helped that the kids came Saturday. Lol