Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mackay said:
This is what another blog has to say about it.

"This morning, the National Inflation Association was cited in a push for Food Insurance. The National Inflation Association is an organization, headed by Gerard Adams, that profits off fear of inflation. Given that Glenn Beck has gotten into trouble for pushing gold, and the National Inflation Association connection to gold, the statistics of the Association need to be carefully examined."
I don't know what blog this is, but I don't recall Glenn "getting into trouble for pushing gold"; he's extremely careful in saying he buys gold himself but doesn't recommend it for everyone, & to always do your own research. As Boogity says, his research on the subjects he talks about is really exhaustive.

Regardless, I can only go by my own experience, & when I see butter at Walmart go from $1.98 to $2.88 in one week (for example), not just 10 or 15 cents, I have to wonder why...:/

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I don't recall Glenn "getting into trouble for pushing gold"
That's because it didn't happen. Congressman Anthony Weiner is heading an investigation in to Goldline. They are laughing and I guess it is more of an attempt to scare away one of Glenn's advertisers. They have an A+ rating from the BBB.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,593444,00.html

But lets for the sake of argument leave out gold line and glenn beck. Pretend they never existed. How does that change the risks of hyperinflation?

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
But lets for the sake of argument leave out gold line and glenn beck. Pretend they never existed. How does that change the risks of hyperinflation?
Agree 100%. Glenn has nothing to do with monetizing the debt or the price of butter. (altho "Goldline" would be a great name for a butter company!!) :lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I agree.. Even if nothing does happen and you've stocked up, you won't have to go shopping for a while!
Wifezilla you need to stock up on ducks! 6 isn't going to last you very long...

As far as Glenn Beck.. Well let's just say I don't care to listen to someone who screams at his callers like a lunatic :lol:

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Wifezilla you need to stock up on ducks! 6 isn't going to last you very long...
That's the thing about Welsh Harlequins...you can start with 6 and end up with 40 really easily :D

One of my hens went broody last spring, so we think she will most likely brood again next year. They others haven't shown any interested yet.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
As far as Glenn Beck.. Well let's just say I don't care to listen to someone who screams at his callers like a lunatic :lol:
I agree...which is why I no longer listen to Mark Levin...Glenn, on the other hand...:love

BE THAT AS IT MAY...I've been prepping long before anyone knew who these guys were, & I'll be doing it long after they're gone. Hyperinflation is just ONE of many reasons to be SS...:D

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
My parents grew up in poverty.. We've always stored food, raised chickens, etc. Actually between my family, my grandparents, great grandparents, and even before that, going 100+ we've always had chickens. But then both sides have all been farmers.

Who is Mark Levin again..?
Even though I've found myself agreeing with some of what Beck has said, he's embarrassed himself far too many times by how he acts.. Heck I have issues and I question whether he is stable or not.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
My grandma had a pantry under the basement stairs. There were about a million cans of Campbells soup down there at any given time. All her cabinets upstairs were stocked with tp, shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, etc...

My mom always made fun of her, but I thought it was smart. Especially during the Johnny Carson sparked TP "crisis" in the 70's! LOL

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've branched out into toiletries & such, too (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc) but think I'll focus again just on food...I figure I can hold out longer without that other stuff! :D

But I gotta ask...what was the 70s TP crisis...??