Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im glad my SS has increased drastically. Because it looks like we re about to collapse anyday now. Thankfully this year we have added lots of squarefoot gardening. So we have 40 cabbages out (we may make some kraut then freeze some maybe for veggie soup) plus 12 brocolli (to freeze). Then several peppers, we plante the hotter ones to make a pest control spray. Then I have a grain patch for the poultry and rabbits. I have to plant my sunflowers tommorow. Then I have also added more "SS" breeds to my chicken flock. I have 10 Buff Orpingtons which I have a young rooster for and they will be the main baby makers for me as well. Plus Australorps that have been raised on range since 3 weeks of age they are about 6 weeks now. Then my BEST Dominique hens. Plus I think I have 18 Rabbits so I will have my breeding flock in shape so I can begin breeding for meaties. I mainly need to work on getting them more SS with their feed. And these Muscovies are the most SS animal ever, they eat mainly range. They reproduce excellently (16 ducklings out of 17 eggs). Everybody needs these. I plan butchering them in a few monthes. I also want to order 25 (more maybe) Cornish Rocks and raise them up but I wanna wait until Fall to get them. I think thats it. I thought I'd share :D

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nice work BarredBuff. I really envy your ability to plan ahead.

Could you please start a new thread and tell us how you make your hot pepper insecticide? Thanks.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Boogity said:
Nice work BarredBuff. I really envy your ability to plan ahead.

Could you please start a new thread and tell us how you make your hot pepper insecticide? Thanks.
I will tonight when I get home. Im not home now. So I have to dig up that Mother Earth News it was in.....

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
JOKE OF THE DAY...!!! On this evening's MSNBC News....they were bragging about how lower gas prices, higher job growth and declincing food prices were improving our future.....yeah right..meanwhile no one has an answer for the multi trillion dollar national debt...thats right, multi trillin, not billion...Of course we keep giving money to illegals running across our border and dropping babies...that qualifies them for food stamps, low income housing , and suddenley their illegal baby is a US citizen...just lovely isn't it..? How stupid does the goverment think people are...? Its no wonder, illegals are risking there lives and crashing our southern border, its a freaking free for all, and your childrens future is paying for it...isn't that nice,,,?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
KevsFarm said:
JOKE OF THE DAY...!!! On this evening's MSNBC News....they were bragging about how lower gas prices, higher job growth and declincing food prices were improving our future.....yeah right. <snip>
MSNBC? Are you kidding? I didn't think anyone watched that cartoon channel. "they were bragging about how lower gas prices, higher job growth and declincing food prices were improving our future" MSNBC was trying, in vain, to pump up their poster child who lives in the Whitehouse.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hey! Stop insulting the cartoon channel!

** crawls in bed and puts TV on Adult Swim. Ahhh! American Dad. Woot! **

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"Core consumer prices increased in May at their hottest pace in nearly three years, putting further pressure on cash-strapped consumers and adding to the headaches of the Federal Reserve.

The Labor Department said Wednesday U.S. consumer prices rose 0.2% last month, doubling forecasts from economists for a rise of 0.1%.

The increase was led by higher prices for new vehicles, which saw their prices jump 1.1%, food and housing.

When volatile food and energy costs are removed, consumer prices grew by 0.3%, exceeding forecasts from economists for a rise of 0.2%. That marks the largest monthly gain since July 2008, two months before the implosion of investment bank Lehman Brothers that helped crater the economy.

The government said consumer prices jumped 3.6% year-over-year, exceeding estimates for 3.4% and good for the largest increase since October 2008 when they climbed 3.7%. Core prices gained 1.5%, compared with forecasts for 1.4%.

The hotter-than-expected inflation data combined with a dreary report that showed manufacturing activity in New York State unexpectedly contracted in June to send U.S. stock futures tumbling more than 100 points into the red Wednesday morning.

The inflation report underscores the Fed's limited options in injecting new stimulus into a U.S. economic recovery that may have stalled out in recent months. Thats because further quantitative easing may only increase the pressure on inflation.

Stagflation is now a growing reality and the 'flation' part ties the hands of the Fed to react with more easing, Peter Boockvar, equity strategist at Miller Tabak, wrote in a note. As many of us believe, though, the more easing has added to the 'flation' so maybe less will tame it.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...t+News+-+Text)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher