Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How about we get POTUS to stop giving away money we don't have? That would help. Then we could stop giving money to folks who don't work. Then we could stop giving everything free to folks who are NOT U.S. citizens. That would save some money.

Then we should ask all the people of the world to whom we have given money since, let's say WW I to repay it. Either that or just declare a "bank holiday" and tell everyone to "write it off" and forget about it. I have to do that when folks won't pay their bill.

The U.S. Gov't has been giving money to everyone in the world for so long and now they think we should pay back loans that we have made because we don't have money for the stuff that we gave to them.

The American people go to work, earn a wage and their government has put them in debt for the remainder of their great Grandchildren's life time? No, I think they can just "write it off" and be done with it. No more free American money to everyone in the world, starting with the folks in this country who won't work for it.

JMO
//BT//
Trim sends

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
Either that or just declare a "bank holiday" and tell everyone to "write it off" and forget about it.
While as good as that sounds to me, it would only precipitate a collapse of the world economy that would be decades in playing out. The toll on this nation and the world would be unlike anything seen since WWII, or worse.

We're very close to a possibility of that occurring now. Here's a report from Reuters that was extremely underplayed in the "main stream" press:

U.N. Sees Risk of Crisis of Confidence in Dollar

"The United Nations warned on Wednesday of a possible crisis of confidence in, and even a "collapse" of, the U.S. dollar if its value against other currencies continued to decline."

As it gets more and more obvious to the rest of the world that we are struggling to pay our debt, the value of the dollar continues to decline. It's getting near the point where countries that are holding our debt will want to dump it, to try and preserve some their savings. If that does indeed happen, the end of the dollar may only take a few weeks at best, or a few days at worst.

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
before I was married and had kids, I worked in .. uh.. collections... You don't write off a debt. You pay it off one way or another.. There is no lil column of numbers, just a ledger of names n numbers.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
before I was married and had kids, I worked in .. uh.. collections..
hee hee hee.....if there was a movie about that part of your life, i'd pay full price for a front row seat!

hee hee hee hee

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
before I was married and had kids, I worked in .. uh.. collections..
hee hee hee.....if there was a movie about that part of your life, i'd pay full price for a front row seat!

hee hee hee hee
trust me, the ratings would not permit it for public viewing. I have lots of regrets in my life, and this is one of those times.. But that's how things worked when you owed outside of a bank.

I had bills too, and would have been classified as a "zombie" .. :) Glad I woke up and quit drinking the KoOlAiDE and such..

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i know someone posted something a while back about the rich people buying up the farms around the country. i saw it finally on the news the other day. it was kind of sad and funny at the same time. the future is really grim, im shocked the gas came down alittle, but still not back to what it was.

the gardens really starting to look good, finally!!! stilll not self sufficient but can reduce costs for part of the year lol.:lol:
the little patch of corn and wheat look nice as well...

good luck everyone! are we allowed to post pictures to any blogs if we want, maybe i can post my little garden as another piece of info that might be able to help others?? i dont want to violate any policies if we cant post pictures?? thanks guys!

:D

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA said:
. . . are we allowed to post pictures to any blogs if we want . . .
Sure. Give it a try.