Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i am not fully there yet as well, but hoping to help give the info out to get this topic going, u can buy a set up from ebay or craigslist as a start. there are alot of free radio transmitter and reciever device schematics on the net.

::):):))i would suggest somehow getting this old radio book called "1979 the radio amateurs handbook" by the american radio relay league. :):):):)

it is such an incredible book. you will learn how the radio works very fast and even understand the cell phone technology. its now like 30 yrs old but u see the idea of the cellphone show up in its most basic form. this book shows how to make a data relay system like an internet between multiple radio setups, (its alot of work lol)
i dont have the time or money to build this stuff, but its all right there easy to follow.
the thing is that the book is rare!!! there might even be better ones, i found this at a yard sale and when i saw all the good explanations, thats when i bought it lol.
barnes and nobles never had a book like this!

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA said:
...nasa predicts large solar storms in the comming years,which are just as powerful as emp pulses thus it is important to take a few steps back into older tube technology able to handle large current changes and maintain open communication when the infrastructure fails...
Although there is definitely a chance of powerful solar storms in the coming years, nobody (even NASA) can predict that they will actually happen with any real certainly or if the earth will be in the path of one if it does happen. Also, solar storms do not produce the E1 pulse component that is associated with a nuclear induced EMP.

To partially quote an earlier message (and to keep from having to re-type it again :D )...

k0xxx said:
... A nuclear induced EMP event is comprised of three electromagnetic components. The E1 pulse is a very fast pulse that generates very high voltages. E1 is the component that destroys computers and communications equipment and is too fast for ordinary lightning protectors. The E2 component of the pulse is the easiest to protect against, and has similarities in strength and timing to the electrical pulses produced by lightning. The E3 pulse is very different from the E1 and E2 pulses from an EMP. The E3 component of the pulse is a very slow pulse, lasting tens to hundreds of seconds, that is caused by the nuclear detonation heaving the earth's magnetic field out of the way, followed by the restoration of the magnetic field to its natural place. The E3 component has similarities to a geomagnetic storm caused by a very severe solar flare.

Tube radios (and other devices) are certainly many times more resistant to the effects of EMP than solid state device. However, there are components that may be vulnerable to EMP, but certainly not to the extent that IC's are.

As for solar storms, with the E3 pulse type being the primary concern, the damage is more likely to be to the electrical system itself and not as much to electronic components...
Otherwise, I find your comments regarding Amateur Radio excellent. With Ham Radio having more spectrum and communication types available than most government agencies, the communication possibilities are staggering.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"There is, of course, a slightly more sinister reason to develop a sudden interest in agriculture. Last year, Marc Faber recommended to anyone: "Stock up on a farm in northern Norway and learn to drive a tractor." He sees a "dirty war" on the horizon, playing on fears of a biological attack poisoning food supplies. Those sort of fears drive capital into everything from gold (recently at an all-time high and a long-time safe haven for investors with currency concerns) to survivalist accoutrements. In this particular case, one might buy the farm in order to avoid buying the farm.

That may seem extreme, but even the lesser scenarios are frightening to some. When asked if this is an end-of-the-world situation, the hedge fund manager replied: "It really is. I tell my fiance this from time to time, and I've stopped telling her this, because it's not the most pleasant thought." He pauses for a moment. "We just can't keep living the way we're living. It'll end within our lifetime. We're just going to run out of certain things. We'll just have to learn how to adjust.""

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
one device that i found that could be important in stopping bio attacks is the "ultraviolet blood treatment" machine, its very good at taking out many bacterial and viral diseases, simply by pulling blood out of a person, exposing it to ultraviolet rays, and then transfusing the treated blood back into the patient. the virus and bacteria that were in the darkness of ur body are all of a sudden exposed to the ultraviolet light and die or screw up and so this allows the bodies immunity to pick around in the pieces and develop natural immunity and give it to the body. supposedly the ultraviolet light enhances white blood cells in the process further helping kill the disease. there are a good amount of videos on utube now. it was 90 percent effective in flu and the manmade h1n1. 80 pecent effective in hepatitis diseases, and 80-90 pecent effective in hiv treatment.
i cant find the good news video, but its very interesting, i think its sold but companies are having the fda look at it,.if someone was smart enough u could set this up on your own(yes it would be crazy, probably a lab biology major could do this with a lab testing background), do some blood treatments check under a scope for effectiveness, and have a treatment system and energy level determined of a simple ultraviolet tube(basically a florecent tube without the florecent coating) and get a iv tubing and, now u got a system that could be useful when there is no hospital, no antibiotics, and if there was a threat of bio attack, these systems could be the first responders to help kill off the disease and stop a__hole terrorist!

some more people to reseach on these devices are.
-royal rife and tesla, (using resonant frequnecies to vibrate cell structures and kill the bad diseases out there)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The ARRL Handbook is published and updated every few years. It has all the stuff GNT has mentioned and then some. It also describes how to build different types of antennae, use closed circuit TV and transmit TV over the HAM frequencies...A "MUST HAVE" resource in any situation of serious interuption of communication capability.

Remember, the HAM radio is self-sufficient. It does NOT require anyone elses equipment to use. You can transmit and receive with it as long as there is some one else to transmit and receive. Telephone requires a huge infrastructure but HAM radio will be the STAR in any SHTF scenario.

:thumbsup

//BT//
Trim sends
KI4IGQ

GOOGLE NIKOLA TESLA

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
The ARRL Handbook is published and updated every few years. It has all the stuff GNT has mentioned and then some. It also describes how to build different types of antennae, use closed circuit TV and transmit TV over the HAM frequencies...A "MUST HAVE" resource in any situation of serious interuption of communication capability.

Remember, the HAM radio is self-sufficient. It does NOT require anyone elses equipment to use. You can transmit and receive with it as long as there is some one else to transmit and receive. Telephone requires a huge infrastructure but HAM radio will be the STAR in any SHTF scenario.

:thumbsup

//BT//
Trim sends
KI4IGQ
ICU, do u know where to get the recent ones, i never even heard of them till i found this baby going to the trash at a yard sale. (all that juicy info would have been lost!!:()do they still show the old tube technology still in the recent ones? ohh please tell me about the tv transmission setups, the book has a brief section but i have tried hard to find info on the internet for video transmission,
what i found was that , u have a scanning x frequency, and a scanning y frequency, and on old black and white, the color is made by the lightness and darkness as a light beam or electron beam shows intensity. then u take them put them into 3 seperate transmission coils and have them sent out on a carrier wave, and the the reciever is oppositely like a mirror image, to have the frequencies fall on 3 seperate reciever coil setups and this would give you the picuture too. its really not that hard if u go back to the first tv setups, the electron tubes might be alittle hard, but the mechanical tvs can be just as good and able to be built by anyone. the first tv patent teaches you how to build the tv too!!! before everything was put into "schematic block components" just look up the real father of electron television Zworykin 1923, and the iconoscope, the patent is breathtaking, immediatly you can understand how television works and build it right from the patent! lol(i know some will say farnsworth)

this is impressive!THE PATENT!!lol

http://www.google.com/patents?id=bd...0CCgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Zworykin 1923&f=false

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
You can purchase new Handbooks directly from the ARRL here .

With the most basic license (Technician) you can do VHF/UHF video transmissions in either slow scan video (SSTV) or fast scan video (ATV) modes. These modes do not require high power and can be set up (relatively) inexpensively.

A Technician license will enable you to transmit on a small portion of the 10 meter band, and all of the VHF+ bands. You can also participate and many types/modes of communications such as SSB, FM, AM, digital voice and data, video, satellite, meteor scatter, moonbounce (EME), and more.

Most modern equipment does not use vacuum tubes, although tubes are still used in some amplifiers. Mainly in the HF amps. Ceramic tubes are also used.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I read the same bad news on MSNBC this morning.Poor private sector job growth, double dip housing dive and crappy manufacturing numbers.Not very encouraging at all.It's the damn national debt sucking the life out of everything...! We owe and owe and can't pay it back..We've been on this unsustainable course way to long, we all know somethings gotta give...!