Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Extreme yes. Fast yes. Wow. Still lifting prayers for everyone. :hugs 🙏 💕 praying great outcome and full healing.

Was DD having health issues during the time leading up to her hospitalization and dire level of illness? This has been more than intense, I'm sure, the past couple of weeks.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hoping things are going well 🙏🥰
They're going... Always something else to keep things frustrating. The transplant is done in two stages - usually in two consecutive days. They don't want to do the second part of her surgery until they can get a biopsy of the pancreas. The pancreas has a cyst and some 'firmness' that they want to check out. However, they want to wait until she's got better clotting ability before they go cutting on another organ. If they find something nasty on the pancreas they will include another procedure along with finishing the fine tuning of the liver transplant. So, we wait. Numbers are getting better but slowly. The hope is Thursday but no absolute timeline yet.

Turns out that she had been having some episodes of light jaundice that would last a couple days and go away. I can't believe she ignored it....argh! We may come from a line of tuff women but ignoring major health signals isn't supposed to be part of being tuff. She only sought help when she started retaining fluids so badly it couldn't be ignored. Sigh....no turning back time so we move forward and deal with this the best way we can.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow...and mom doesn't see her every day to have snatched her butt to a Dr. Yeah, it's not what they were taught😔. But I'm glad it's in acceptable range now....that pancreas isn't a plus but, jury is still out on that one.👍 Bet she was having diabetic issue too and never added it up to a problem.

Still out here pulling for her!! Modern medicine is unreal -- there's still a light, it isn't the train!! 🫂

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:hugs hope all goes ok with surgeries and there is resolution to all her problems.

as for ignoring signs, some people will not seek medical help even if they know something is wrong. there are various reasons for this which can be as individual as the people involved so i have to leave it at that...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother hope things are positive, your situation was weighing heavy on my mind this morning.

yeah, past few days... it's hard when you know a friend is in the thick of it but you don't know quite where they are at and can't throw them a rope or anything much else either.

:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Appreciate all the care and concern!

They were able to get a needle biopsy of the pancreas onTuesday. They’ve supposedly expedited it and hopefully will get results today. She is tentatively on the surgical schedule today but not very likely to happen unless the biopsy results come back in time. My guess is the final surgery will be tomorrow - but I’ve been wrong before.

She’s still intubated and on constant dialysis. But she’s alert enough (occasionally) to write notes. Broke my heart when she wrote a note asking if she was going to live. 💔

Ina bit of good news DH’s scan results were good! Surprisingly he actually has a brain, lol! We’ll take all the good news we can get.