Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
22 this morning
Oh he// to the no! That's too much too soon!

Beautiful clear blue skies out there right now and 63degrees.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh geeze - started that this morning and never finished it!

Finished up cleaning around the raised beds and got a little planting done. Still need/want to do more. I enjoy fall/winter gardening. Nothing better than fresh broccoli. Oh my, sure hope it's productive this year.

I need to get sneaky and figure out how to catch a couple of the crazy doelings that haven't learned proper goat manners. :fl Since they can't get with the program, they need to find a new place to be obnoxious.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had a relatively easy day today. Woke up when I darn well felt like it. Did the morning chores, took a walk around the pasture being sure to walk in and out of the empty hole in the ground. At least right now, while empty, it's contributing to my exercise routine. I don't have any other hilly terrain to walk - so in and out of a hole in the ground is a good substitute, lol.

Hoping the weather guys are right. Weather is supposed to change later this week with a front coming in Thurs/Fri. Supposed to put us into a rainy pattern with chances of rain for several days. :fl

Watched THE best Texans game. It was the most exciting, frustrating, and ultimately rewarding game ever. They won a hard-fought game against the Buccaneers.

Went fishing as sooon as the game was over. Went to our ol' faithful fishing hole and did well. We were catching little fish and using them for bait for the big fish. Unfortunately, the big fish weren't very hungry. It was ok though - I don't mind catching little fish. It's still fun!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i posted this in reply to someone else on TEG commenting about holes... i think it fits this spot well enough for some giggles perhaps. maybe i be digging a bit but that's ok... :)

-----
Zeedman said in reply to Baymule
"You don't have to know what used to be in a hole, to know you just fell in one."

and always remember these notes about holes if you find yourself in one:

- check for shovel
- if you were digging it, you can probably stop now
- how deep are you in the doodoo
- is there a ladder
- can you climb out or yell for help
- is anyone around who cares to look for you
- you should have a dog or a cat just in case you find yourself in such straits more than once
- snacks are handy for prolonged visits
- smoke signals used to be helpful, now someone may be curious to know why smoke is coming out of a hole, your call...
- cell phone reception is probably your best bet
- good luck

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug - those are words of wisdom for sure! ;)

for some of that i was remembering all those episodes (or repeats of the same episode) where Timmy fell down a well, mineshaft, or something and Lassie had to go get someone to rescue him... and then just being silly, of course... :)