Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had clouds all day - but precious little rain. I think we hit .17...not even a 5th of an inch. But, it put a puddle in the bottom of the pond, lol. Hopefully, more coming tonight/tomorrow.

Had an appt. with hand surgeon yesterday. First surgery scheduled for 11/17. Guess I'll be cutting up DH's turkey for him, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had my follow up appt. with the cardiologist this morning. Results of my echo and stress test were great! Follow up in a year... maybe, lol.

No more rain in the pond and the dozer is still sitting on top of the mound. Maybe I need to see if he left a key? I'm sure I could do some serious damage with a dozer! YIKES!

Got some special feed for the old goat (the 4 legged one) and some Chaffhaye. I think he will be able to eat better with some softer food. I've been soaking his pellet but he's not fond of it at all. He gives me the look, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Had my follow up appt. with the cardiologist this morning. Results of my echo and stress test were great! Follow up in a year... maybe, lol.

congrats! nice to have a good report. :)

No more rain in the pond and the dozer is still sitting on top of the mound. Maybe I need to see if he left a key? I'm sure I could do some serious damage with a dozer! YIKES!

Got some special feed for the old goat (the 4 legged one) and some Chaffhaye. I think he will be able to eat better with some softer food. I've been soaking his pellet but he's not fond of it at all. He gives me the look, lol.

haha!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Temps are going to be in the mid - 80's today but tomorrow a high of maybe low 50's. Whoop!?! Front is coming in tonight, probably with rain. Glad the pond is dug - except the spawning shelves still haven't been cut. Bulldozer guy says he's coming this afternoon. I expect it'll take all of about 30min to cut the shelves and then I expect he'll load up and go. It'll be nice to be able to put all the critters back where they belong. With rain and cold coming in tonight the horses need to have barn access. They've been in the yard and front barnyard for a week now.

I hope the upcoming rain (please!) will help jump start the rye seed I put out. I think I'll spread some more this afternoon - after the Texans put the whoop a-- on the Carolina Panthers. They need to get busy. I don't like close games and right now, at halftime, it's close. Ugh!

Some of my does are starting to make cute little baby bellies. I love seeing those bellies grow.
The onion sets are sprouting and the Chijimisai seeds are sprouting too. I want to get some collards planted next. Today should be our last warm day so maybe I'll accomplish more with the cool down.

I got the mowing done this morning. Hope it's the last of the season - but I won't count on it, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bulldozer guy did get here. He cut the spawning shelves in about a half-hour then loaded up. Critters are all back in their own areas - except chickens. I need to gather some of them up and pen 'em. Free ranging is ok for them, but not for me. They choose to lay in the red barn where the dogs scarf up the eggs as fast as they can lay 'em. ARGH! I need the eggs more than the dogs do.

Wind has been crazy since last night. Had a 25mph gust while I was standing there looking at the gauge. I haven't gone out yet, but as soon as I finish this cup of coffee I'm going to suit up.

"They" keep promising rain - but they lie! No rain yet today...