Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's 53 degrees right now with a sky full of sun. No wind today so it's actually quite pleasant outside. I finished wrapping up the baby citrus trees. Picked a butt load of broccoli and contemplating picking the last cabbage that's ready. It should be good either way if we don't go below 20. I've got some younger cabbage and broccoli plants that I'll throw some hay mulch on - just to make me feel better.

I was a little hungry when I came inside so I tossed a broccoli stalk in the microwave for a couple minutes. It was absolutely delish with just a little bit of butter and a sprinkle of salt. Nothing like the taste of fresh broccoli. So. Darn. Good!

Break over - gotta get back at it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOVE broc!!! And the stalks toooooooo!!!

I love the stalks the best! I mean, I won't turn down the tops, but I'll eat the stalks all day long. Pulled a rutabaga also. It was soooo good too! My first time to grow them. It wasn't huge, I only pulled it because I wanted to see how they were progressing. I topped them off with a layer of hay. Maybe tomorrow I'll add a frost cover too. I ran out of "me" today, lol. Too much to do and only one of me to do it.

Too tired to really cook so we had a quick meal of tomato basil soup and grilled cheese on sourdough. It'll do!

Enjoying a nice glass of red, and for a special treat having a handful of dark chocolate raisinets with it. It's a great combo.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep...I was out feeding this morning before full daylight - when it wasn't raining. Took DH to his dermatologist appt for the wounds on his legs. They're making progress. They bandage them in what is essentially a very lightweight cast. He can't shower....ugh. On week two! :sick

I'm about to suit up and go turn the water off and drain the lines. I was going to wait until the afternoon feeding, but it's 30 degrees and since we've got freezing rain now I don't look for it to do anything but get colder. Got to get it done. Plenty of hay available for the critters so they'll hunker down and should be ok. I'm a tiny bit worried about my old buck. He turns 13 in a month. Those old ones can fool you....you think they're okay and they can just lay down and die. :hit

Have beans soaking for 15 Bean Soup tonight. There will be cornbread too...maybe cheesy, extra corn, corn bread.